PDA

View Full Version : Awful indigestion

Mogwog
17-07-15, 09:55
Hi

I have had indigestion on and off (mostly on :scared10: ) for a little over 2 weeks. I have been taking Zantac which I bought from the supermarket when needed. Sometimes it works, others it doesn't :weep:.

I have no idea what has started this off and I'm starting to get really worried. I often suffer with Reflux which I can deal with and I only get that at night but this is awful. Sometimes it makes me feel really sick - its a feeling of horrible pressure in back chest and throat - sometimes slightly relieved by burping sometimes not.

I remember my dr prescribing omeprazole a couple of yrs ago so I have just put in a prescription request for some more to see if that helps.

Does anyone else have this and how long did it last?xxxx

Fishmanpa
17-07-15, 13:20
Indigestion and GERD are closely related and essentially the same thing.... excess stomach acid resulting in gas and discomfort. A PPI needs to be taken regularly in order to be effective. Zantac is a good OTC remedy. You can now get Omeprazole OTC as well as some other stronger PPIs. Might be worth giving them a try and take on a regular basis for a few weeks. Otherwise, seeing your doctor would be in order.

I take Pantoprazole (Protonix) and it's been great!

Positive thoughts

Emmapony
17-07-15, 18:42
Since my anxiety has got really bad, I have developed really bad indigestion. Sadly I think anxiety and GERD symptoms are closely related.

Dani0011
19-07-15, 05:56
Mogwog I'm having similar issues. The last 2 weeks I've had the worse indigestion and nausea. I also have constant chest pain. I took zantac twice and it didn't do much.

I'm going to go to the doctor. However I'm panicking because I think my esophagus might be severely damaged and I've developed pre cancer. I can't sleep at night with this thought :(

nomorepanic
19-07-15, 13:06
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Florence20
19-07-15, 13:21
I would recommend the vegan diet and drinking raw fruit smoothies. My favourite brand is Savse smoothies (ASDA) It is a small bottle that costs £2:00. It is worth it.

Mogwog
20-07-15, 14:05
Thanks for the replies. I am managing mine with Zantac at night now. I don't seem to have it during the day anymore since taking that every night. I am too scared to go to the dr though :weep: I did find that when it was really bad warm milk helped. I think the fact that its on my mind 24/7 doesn't help at all.

L.xxx