PDA

View Full Version : Hello!!!

debbsi
03-02-07, 09:33
Hi
I'm new to the forum and would just like to say how comforting it is to know that I'm not going crazy and that there are lots of other out there who have the same symptoms as me.
It all started in November last year I kept getting funny fluttery feelings in my chest which made me feel jittery and nervous. I have always had those ectopics where you feel like your heart missed a beat and then you get a thud, but this was different. I decided to go to my GP who said he thought it was probably anxiety (which I agreed) but would refer me to a cardiologist anyway. I think that made me worse, I just wanted him to say your OK. He gave me Propanalol of which I took one, then that night I awoke with my right arm completely dead, I though I'd had a stroke, luckly the feeling came back and then I read the side effects and decided I didnt want to take anymore of them. That week was awful my husband was working nights and I was scared to go to sleep for fear I wouldnt wake up or I would have a heart attack and not be able to call my kids for help. Then one night I was awoken by my heart thudding away at a normal rate but it felt like it would jump out of my chest. Like being injected with adrenalin. Next morning I went to A&E, chest xray, ecg , bloods, all ok they sent me home. Anyway my Mum insisted on paying for me to go private so I went to see a consultant he said he thought I was getting ectopics in a different part of my heart so they felt different and I shouldnt worry but would have a 4 day loop and echo to be safe - they are next week. I have been much better since then but had a panic attack in the cinema last night and couldndt sleep all night feel like someone took my heart, gave it a good shake and shoved it back it - Getting fed up of this panicking so thats why I found this website - it has calmed me down a bit.
Sorry this is so long but it feels good to share it with others who dont think I'm paranoid.

Deb xxxx

honeybee3939
03-02-07, 09:54
Hi Deb

And a BIG warm welcome to you, lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice while making new friends on the way.:D

Take a look at the first step pages also Deb you may find them of interest.

First Steps:
First Steps to overcoming Panic and Anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=942)

Love

Andrea
xxxx

"If you have a worry turn it into a problem, you cant solve worrys but you can solve problems"

debbsi
03-02-07, 09:55
Thanks I must have read your mind I was just reading it

Deb xxxx

lildutt
03-02-07, 10:14
hi debs welcome
bellxx

manmoor
03-02-07, 10:59
Hi Deb,

A big warm welcome to you.

"When There Was Only One It Was Then That I Carried You."

trac67
03-02-07, 14:41
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain'

davidthegnome
03-02-07, 15:26
Welcome to the forum Debbsi. You'll meet many fantastic people here.

Good luck and God Bless you,

David

ceecee
03-02-07, 17:15
hi deb
welcome to the forum
take care
rach x

weepinky
03-02-07, 20:12
Hi Debbsi and a big warm welcome to nmp, you will find lots of friendly and supportive friends here.

Luv Pinky

Yesterdays history, Tommorows a mystery, today is a gift, thats why its called the present.

nomorepanic
04-02-07, 11:40
Hi Deb

A warm welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help.

Nicola

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel

wobily_lin
04-02-07, 17:51
elo Deb,

A big welcome to the site..You will get great support and advice here. Glad ta have ya on board.

Take care,
Lin xxx
"Fear is dat lil darkroom, wer negatives r developed", so positive thoughts okies!!!!!