PDA

View Full Version : Keratoconus

ker92ri
17-07-15, 15:24
Does anybody have keratoconus? And how was yours diagnosed? I have all the symptoms but the Drs can't find a cause. Unfortunately the hospital I am under do not do the corneal tonography. I am having some other tests, I am getting really anxious. I have seen the optometrist numerous times and he says eyes are healthy. Seen the ophthalmologist twice and they can't find a cause. I woke up one morning and these symptoms suddenly started!

Gary A
17-07-15, 16:30
The doctors have told you that the cause is anxiety, have they not? I've tried to tell you before that if there are no signs on a basic eye test then you quite categorically do not have this condition. Clearly, I'd have been as well typing in Japanese.

Can I also just point out, that even if you did have this condition, it's a reletavely minor condition that is quite easily managed by opticians.

ker92ri
17-07-15, 18:09
I can detect a hint of frustration in your reply Gary which is understandable. But until you have suffered from the symptoms I have had as well as an underlying eye condition, I find your comments insulting. And to say it's a relatively minor condition is an understatement. But thank you

SorchaS
18-07-15, 06:05
My husband has it, and yes it is very treatable and the only way it affects his day to day life is to wear a contact. What exactly about maybe having it worries you?
I can reassure you completely that 1 - anxiety causes a lot of crazy vision symptoms and 2 - if you did have it, it is not as bad as you might think :)

---------- Post added at 06:05 ---------- Previous post was at 06:03 ----------

And yes, Gary is right. Hubby got diagnosed through basic eye test which was abnormal, so if you have had your vision tested, it's fine, you don't have it :)

ker92ri
18-07-15, 12:01
Hi thanks for the reply my eye symptoms have started all of a sudden. What I am experiencing is not very nice and is affecting my life in many ways. Yes they can't find any evidence of it but I'm having a lot more tests done and knowing my luck it will be something worse.