PDA

View Full Version : Pain in scar tissue

countrygirl
17-07-15, 16:04
Just in case anyone can relate to this. I had my appendix out 7 years ago and it was an exploratory op so big op with 6inch scar. I lost all feeling in the area of the scar and above and below it which was weird but okay. 6 months ago I suddenly developed sharp stabbing pain in one place right on top of the scar where I have a dimple in the flesh. I can have it for a couple of days then it goes away and I noticed that the area that had previously been totally numb was now partly numb but also very painful if I dragged my finger over it.

Dr sent me for ultrasound - all okay and I saw consultant at the hospital who said I didn't have a hernia and it could be the nerves were starting to regenerate in that area. I have follow up appt next week.

It has been fine for past few months and not painful when I drag my finger over it although not as numb as it used to be. Today I got up and it feels like a million wasps are stinging this one small area, worse the more I move about.

Just wondered if anyone else had had this nerve pain problem with scarring that had previously been totally numb?