PDA

View Full Version : Can you get back pain if you stop eating and drinking?

julieannboo
17-07-15, 16:57
I have got a bit of sciatia in my left side. But the past week or so i have got bad muscles aches in middle to upper part of back.
I have pretty much stopped eating and drinking for the past two weeks due to pain and anxiety.

Could the pain be partly because of lack of fluid and food?

Gary A
17-07-15, 17:35
Absolutely. Food and drink is your body's fuel supply, without it it'll start to creak and groan. You really should try to eat properly, not doing so will increase physical symptoms, which, of course, will in turn increase your anxiety.

AlexandriaUK
17-07-15, 17:35
I would say your stomach is rebelling as this is usually a sign of wind for me, you will also feel very ill if you are dehydrated.
I would recommend you start to eat a little and often and increase the fluid intake.
Hope you feel better soon.

23tana
17-07-15, 19:48
Drink as much as you can. It's probably your kidneys complaining. Eat little and often too

MyNameIsTerry
17-07-15, 22:30
Plus the food you eat is used to make your neurotransmitters. Serotonin & adrenaline are involved in pain management so that alone means you won't cope with pain as well as if you were eating.

Many foods also contain antioxidants which are used to stop pain developing our reduce inflammation.

julieannboo
18-07-15, 14:41
Plus the food you eat is used to make your neurotransmitters. Serotonin & adrenaline are involved in pain management so that alone means you won't cope with pain as well as if you were eating.

Many foods also contain antioxidants which are used to stop pain developing our reduce inflammation.

Thank you.

I was on a low dose of seroxat, 10mg, which is an ssri and have been depressed since january.
I wonder if that was too low now. I ignored all the warning signs and just got more lower and lower with depression.

The doc put me back up to 20mg last week.
I was on 20mg for years and three years ago i got down to 10mg and stayed there. I thought i could stay on 10mg and then maybe one day reduce it.

So with a heavy heart i have gone back up to 20mg.

MyNameIsTerry
18-07-15, 23:35
Remember that SSRI's only stop your rate of Serotonin loss, you still have to eat the right foods to allow your body to make Serotonin and most of it is used outside of the brain from being stored in the gut.