PDA

View Full Version : the big c. worried about weight loss

anxietysmymiddlename
17-07-15, 18:23
So I weighed myself this morning. It says I weight 14 pounds less then I was around a week ago. I'm so scared. And panicking.
But the weight loss is not without me trying. Here are the things I've done these last 2 weeks.

1. I quit drinking soda these last few months. Now I strictly drink water or tea.
2. I am dieting and restricting how much calories I have.
3. Am I going outside. Walking for at least an hour at a time. Haven't done it for 2 days due to my depression.
So is my weight loss reasonable? I'm scared to death about it being an add on to my colon cancer symptoms.

pulisa
17-07-15, 18:28
Please don't contribute to this thread, Beckie

Fishmanpa
17-07-15, 18:30
With all due respect, that can't be right. Even at the height of my cancer treatment when I could barely swallow liquids, I didn't lose weight at that rate.

Have you spoken to your parents about getting help with your anxiety? If not, I suggest you print out some of your threads and show them or at least take them to your doctor's appointment that's coming up. You're much too young to be wrapped up in fears like this.

Positive thoughts

anxietysmymiddlename
17-07-15, 18:33
I'm sorry for my frequent posting first of all
When you mean it can't be right do you mean that it's bad or my scale is just inaccurate?

Fishmanpa
17-07-15, 18:54
When you mean it can't be right do you mean that it's bad or my scale is just inaccurate?

I mean your scale is off and/or your perception is skewed.

Positive thoughts

anxietysmymiddlename
17-07-15, 19:17
Thanks for the clarification. And it's probably the scale and myself. I'm been a mess these past few months.

countrygirl
17-07-15, 19:28
If you stopped eating totally and only drank water you could not lose 14lbs in that time scale its impossible.
the suggestion that you print out all your posts and show them to either/and your parents/doctor is a very very good idea and will let them see how bad you are at the moment. Take care.

anxietysmymiddlename
17-07-15, 21:40
I understand fully that I'm overreacting. And I will tell my doctor that and show her how. But I don't know. With all these things going on in my body. It's hard for me not to think the worst.