PDA

View Full Version : All symptoms gone, now racing mind is this adrenaline?

bekw89
17-07-15, 19:36
Hi

I've been having anticipatory anxiety, anxiety, some panic attacks, rushing sensation, gasping etc for the past 2 weeks, everyday some symptoms have subsided. Today I haven't felt any actual symptoms of panic infact although i woke up feeling bit sick that faded and i felt quite normal. Then i went tired and had low mood for around an hour, i attended a panic attack class and since then i have had what can only be described as a symptom-less panic attack and a feeling of being overwhelmed. A psychotherapist believes it is the tail end of what I have been experiencing the past 2 weeks, it feels like the onset of a panic attack but there isn't one and my mind is very over worked, all my usual symptoms of anxiety are not there except for fear and an irritated mind. Is this the remains of adrenaline in my system? I have just done some excersise to try and calm my mind and work out this 'adrenaline'. Any suggestions? It is an extremely unpleasant feeling?

bekw89
18-07-15, 10:04
Just an update on this for anyone going through it, i believe this short burst of anxiety/ panic disorder is subsiding. The body has stopped responding but the brain hasn't so it is looking for anything to feel anxious about hence feeling overwhelmed. Today I am feeling less so. Although it feels impossible relaxing your body ignoring the racing intrusive thoughts and giving it time seem to be helping. I also think serotonin once back to its normal levels will settle the mind. In the mean time I can only carry on- and remember you felt normal once and the world felt normal you will get this back again!