PDA

View Full Version : Taking the plunge here...

Cdmx
17-07-15, 20:03
Hi, Male 43 here. For about a year now I have been obsessed with coming down with a terminal illness. From back pain, abdominal pains and whatever in between, the slightest thing is cancer, and I overreact over every little symptom. I get my self checked out regularly, and several doctors say I'm fine. HA has been consuming me and negatively affecting my relationships with the people around me. Finally coming to terms that anxiety may be my main problem for now (until I come down with the next random physical ailment :) . Looking to compare experiences on this board and perhaps find some relief. thanks.

venusbluejeans
17-07-15, 20:09
Hiya Cdmx and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Cdmx
17-07-15, 20:12
Hi Venus, I have already thank you! Been hanging around these boards for a while now :winks: and find the information very useful. Just decided to post for the first time :)

sial72
17-07-15, 20:34
Hi Cdmx and welcome
Have you ever had any treatment at all to help? X

Cdmx
17-07-15, 20:40
Hi Sial, as a matter of fact, at the recommendation of my GP, I have scheduled a first appointment with a professional for my anxieties. Thanks for asking! :)

sial72
17-07-15, 20:50
Very good, see how it goes..have you got to wait long for your first appointment?

Cdmx
17-07-15, 20:54
Hi Sial. I would think about a month would be considered a long wait I guess? The professional who I've been referred to is very respected in the area so I imagine he's pretty booked. However I was told if any openings come up sooner I would be notified.