PDA

View Full Version : anyone else?

seedylady
17-07-15, 21:23
Dry mouth constantly and no appetite whatsoever ? On lexapro 10mg and 2x .25mg xanax everyday for past 11 days.....side effects or panic/anxiety/depression causing it? Its making me worse worrying about it

SADnomore
17-07-15, 23:30
Side effects. You will probably want to begin to cut back the Xanax now, it will be exacerbating it. ... They are only for short-term and, as you are finding, are not a magic wand anyway. (Doesn't stop them from being as addictive as hell though ...). Two weeks should be long enough to have got you started off on the Lexapro, good luck! :)

---------- Post added at 15:30 ---------- Previous post was at 15:27 ----------

ps keep sipping water steadily, rest as much as you can, and try sugar-free gum or hard candies for the dry mouth. I know, it's really vexing, but that helps. :flowers:
And it does pass eventually ...

seedylady
18-07-15, 00:17
Ok thanks! And the xanax...Really.?..always presumed itd be helping.

SADnomore
18-07-15, 03:12
Oh, yes. Unfortunate downside to all the benzodiazapenes, I'm afraid. Anyway, you are well on your way now to having your antidepressant established, I wish you the best with it! Try not to worry over the side effects, I know they are a real bother, but they do ease up and leave. Be good to yourself meanwhile, applaud your courage and be kind to yourself. :bighug1: lots of friends here. You'll get there!

AnxiousM
21-07-15, 00:17
Hayfever is crazy this year, I'd never suffered before but this year it's dry mouth central with sinuses blocked causing me to breathe through my mouth a lot, drying it all out.