PDA

View Full Version : Fatigue with anxiety

Bonnibelle
18-07-15, 11:38
Is it normal tired with anxiety? recently I have felt a little more anxious again and in that time I have felt very fatigued. Eyes sting, heavy head and like I feel weak in my limbs. This has also coincided with me being vegetarian, so I have started eating tuna again to see if it helps.

This weak tired feelings are really causing me to feel more anxious as I keep panicking that I will collapse and be rushed into hospital or will have a funny turn. Which I know is my anxiety making me catastrophise. It's horrible though, it's like my anxiety has got worse since feeling this tired. It makes me want to just stay at home and not go out as I get anxious going out when feeling so tired.

My husband says I am just exhausted from low protein due to being veggie and I am scared of feeling tired, I am adding fear to it.

I am going to speak to my GP next week and I am due my bloods being done, as I do have low ferritin levels but I don't usually feel very tired with it and I'm not anaemic with it.

It could be I am just very anxious and scared of the physical feelings I am getting because my anxiety is usually all in my head, scary thoughts and fears....

It's playing havoc with my life lately this tiredness, and every day I fear it and get really anxious worrying i am ill, or I will collapse..... so I think my health anxiety is sneaking in.

Not sure if anyone can relate but I feel very worried about this so felt I needed to type it all out of my head.

Thanks

Bon

Soulcatcher71
18-07-15, 12:29
Its definitely physically & mentally draining to go through continued periods of anxiety.

I've also found that I feel less anxious after a meal, than I did when I was feeling hungry beforehand, so food definitely helps keep you on top of things.

I'd check with the information on this site, and with some of the members here, on possible dietary solutions if I were you.
:)

Mrs Anxious
30-07-15, 07:50
Hi Hun

I can totally relate I have severe tiredness I can't get through the day without a
nap and I'm normally in bed by 9 which just isn't me! Had blood done and my urn is very very low I'm now on tablets although doctor said it will take about a year for me to get full iron stores and maybe 6months to feel more normal.

Low iron also causes palps because heart has to work harder and it can cause low mood too. Hope you get some answers when u get bloods done xxx