PDA

View Full Version : Alcohol And health anxiety

tmckenzie-orr
18-07-15, 17:22
I dont know why i bother Drinking it always turns me into a paranoid mess the next day, I looked into mirror and see a red mark on my tonsil and i have done a salt water gargle but my mind is goin crazy thinkin what if its something bad, But logically im hoping its just where i was drinking alcohol and smoked a couple of cigarettes yesterday and its a bit sore will keep doing salt water gargles , i had to stop myself from going into fight mode and fast beating heart and feeling sick , I am definately going to knock drinking on the head i think i hate feeling like this and its no good for my body especially smokin cigarettes i had smoking but seem to get into a habbit of it when i drink at the pub yuck yuck yuck i hope and pray its nothing bad and goes away on the tonsil

---------- Post added at 17:22 ---------- Previous post was at 13:57 ----------

just showed somebody my red thing on tonsil and they said its just vessels lol

.Poppy.
18-07-15, 17:44
Your tonsil could have been irritated by the alcohol as well. You'll be fine, just try to keep your mind off of it :)

56degree
22-07-15, 11:01
I struggle with this problem. I used to enjoy going to the pub once a week or more with mates and also having a few quiet ones at home on Saturday night. I have cut back heavily cause it doesn't do my sleep or my IBS any favours, but when I start feeling good I think 'Jeez I could go a beer', have two and then start feeling crap again. Not worth drinking really but I hate having to concede that I can't drink any more. Really annoying.

MyNameIsTerry
22-07-15, 11:09
Well, I've seen people on here say that drinking alcohol causes piles to inflame so maybe that too as Poppy said.

tmckenzie-orr
22-07-15, 11:24
i definately have a more low key health anxiety when i dont drink but i think when i drink it causes me to have health anxiety to do with the mouth etc and if i dont think then i have health anxiety with skin cancer lol