PDA

View Full Version : alcohol and passionflowe

bekw89
19-07-15, 07:13
So I did a stupid thing last night, i'd started feeling better and went out for a family birthday. Had one pint of strong ale thinking i'd be ok... had to leave the pub early because I felt a bit tipsy and it was scaring me being out of control. Then I came home had some passionflower to get rid of the anxiety and when I woke up this morning I started freaking out. Was sick of the feeling in my stomach and feeling slightly grey, convinced myself for all of 5 minutes that this is too much to bear.

Anyone else had this, or is it just alcohol?

Fishmanpa
19-07-15, 07:19
IMO, while there are those that can tolerate alcohol and show no ill effects, those that can't affirm my opinion that alcohol and anxiety don't mix. Add meds to the mix and it's another animal all together. It's certainly not unusual for your anxiety to increase after a night of reverie.

IMO, your symptoms are related to this.

Positive thoughts

bekw89
19-07-15, 07:24
Thanks for the reply I think you are right and I will avoid alcohol for the forseable future. I also think it was because I had began feeling 'normal' again and when I woke up and didn't feel as great as yesterday I panicked thinking oh no I can't handle all this again, but it's passing as the anxious brain loves to do! I generally feel worse in the morning anyway.

MyNameIsTerry
19-07-15, 07:28
Passionflower can interact with alcohol. It has a sedating effect so it could be you've experienced more than you should have and this is the result.

It can also be an alcohol & anxiety issue but with 1 pint it seems less likely than if you had several in terms of a hangover style effect that many with anxiety seem to experience. But its still an option I guess when not understanding how alcohol interacts with the CNS at such volumes.

Get yourself hydrated, take it easy and I'm sure it will pass. Before combining Passionflower again though I would talk to a pharmacist who could likely confirm this.

bekw89
23-07-15, 20:29
Thanks, i've learnt my lesson wherwe that's concerned. I do find Passion flowers works very well at calming the mind, do you know if it interacts with any other herbals?

---------- Post added at 20:29 ---------- Previous post was at 20:25 ----------

Of topic, but MynameisTerry every time I read your name I get an Amy Winehouse song stuck in my head, it starts 'her name is Terry' think the song might actually be called Terry.

MyNameIsTerry
24-07-15, 04:47
Thanks, i've learnt my lesson wherwe that's concerned. I do find Passion flowers works very well at calming the mind, do you know if it interacts with any other herbals?

---------- Post added at 20:29 ---------- Previous post was at 20:25 ----------

Of topic, but MynameisTerry every time I read your name I get an Amy Winehouse song stuck in my head, it starts 'her name is Terry' think the song might actually be called Terry.

I didn't know that. I took mine from My Name Is Earl that I was watching around the time of signing up. BUT...I don't sleep with a Randy! :ohmy::D

I tend to look on WebMD at them as they list known interactions and why. Drugs.com has an interaction checker that you can use but they don't list all herbals.

I would imagine if something interacts with the same area to cause a sedative effect it is likely to be a problem.

luke213
28-07-15, 12:21
I guess it is just alcohol