PDA

View Full Version : Petechiae after itching too hard! Worried!

ThePerfctSky
19-07-15, 11:42
Hey! So basically i have realised that when i get bitten by a bug or something or have a heat spot and I itch and itch and itch it especially where my stretch marks are for example on my thighs (inside) and insides of my arms mear my arm pit I get red and purple pin prick dots that look like a bruise (petechiae). I am really worried as to why, it only happens on the areas where my skin seems more thin and only when I itch it really hard and alot. Could the petechaie just be from minor trauma from scratching or do i need to worry about things like Luekemia? Im probably being silly but I am such a worrier and yes of course I googled and Luekemia came up so of course now Ive made my HA worse! Please help any reassurance is welcome. Thanks in advance.

percythetrain
20-07-15, 20:41
Hi! it sounds like just the skin becoming damaged from scratching. Talk to your GP about it but if it only happens after scratching I wouldn't really worry about it :)

ThePerfctSky
20-07-15, 23:19
Hey thank you for your reply. Yeah im not so worried about it now im just being silly my HA is taking over me but im fighting back and the petechaie goes away in a few hours or a day. Thank you for your help :)