PDA

View Full Version : Health anxiety in full force today

natalie yog
19-07-15, 14:16
I just can't stand it. Everyday I think of nothing else for 24hrs a day and it's destroying me mentally. I had every reassurance from my doctor and optician that I don't have any sort of tumour or possibilities of a stroke or aneurysm. But for 6 weeks I still have that walking on a boat feeling that seems to mainly happen when I'm in doors and anyfime I try to lay down it feels like my bed is floating. I know deep down that it's nothing seriously but that little voice in the back of my head won't shut up. I can't eat or sleep or even enjoy my life anymore.

tmckenzie-orr
19-07-15, 14:56
its horrible feeling what you are going through , Are you getting cbt therapy for ur anxiety? if so i suggest u do so i have recently started it as i was in same boat as u and want nothing more than it to stop its horrible i was obsessing over diff health problems and it just depresses u

natalie yog
19-07-15, 15:26
No I haven't had any form of therapy my doctor put me of 40mg propranolol twice a day which seems to be interfering with my sleep. Does cbt therapy help at all and have you noticed any difference? I'd speak to my doctor's about it.

tmckenzie-orr
19-07-15, 16:42
tbh i have only done my first meeting last monday and got my 2nd tomorrow so dont know but from what i reasearched it said its ment to be great, So gonna stick it out and hope get rid of these stupid thinking as deep down i know its crazy but u just cannot help the thoughts when ur in that mind set , i have prescribed tablets but want to do it without them as dont wanna be hooked and they all have horrible side affects, but if cbt dont work then ill do tabs but im sure cbt will i hope anyway but i suggest u ask for it what part of the uk u from?

natalie yog
19-07-15, 17:32
I'll definitely ask my doctor about when he calls me tomorrow for a consultation. I'm from the northwest.

tmckenzie-orr
19-07-15, 17:47
good idea, I know the south does time to talk which is a good therapy shud have something like that up north, definately speak to your doctor about it anything is worth stopping thiese stupid thoughts

Princess23
19-07-15, 22:22
I did cbt , waste of time for me and since I have done it I found out on really good if you have one fear rather than generalised anxiety which is what I have, but hey give it go, could work for you :)

tmckenzie-orr
19-07-15, 22:28
Cbt has a high sucesss rate for health anxiety, obviously it won't work on everyone but the stats are in our favour , health anxiety is just over thinking and going into fight mode it's about chaneling it into good positive thoughts etc