PDA

View Full Version : Progress update

trac67
03-02-07, 13:42
I have just come back from my biggest challenge in a long time and am feeling shattered but really pleased with myself :D

My youngest daughter plays football for a team every saturday morning and this season I have not been able to go and watch her play..........until this morning !!!

Her manager picked her up as usual, and once she had gone my other half said 'right get your coat we are going to go and watch'......... first reaction was, no we bloody aren't lol............but hey who am I to argue, so into the car I got.

Anxiety was telling me it was not a good idea, but I ignored it. On the way we had to stop to get petrol, and I got out the car and went into pay, I even shocked myself because I did it without thinking about it.

Once we got to the game I walked across the field, and Erin my daughter spotted me and the look of delight on her face was so worth it, there was a bench by the goal........she is the teams goalkeeper......so we sat there and watched the game..........I had my bottle of water and my chewing gum, and I actually felt ok, Erin kept turning around and saying 'are you ok mum', which really touched me, and my other half kept telling me how proud he was of me.

I lasted till the end of the game............they won 9 - 0 and then I stood and had a chat with her manager and his wife, then walked back to the car. The anxiety hit slightly once I sat in the car, I think it was the realisation that I had just been sat in an open space with people for an hour lol.

Now I am back home I feel so pleased with myself as I was out of the house for 2 hours, the longest time in about 6 months.........and guess what I didn't pass out, freak out or die lol.

My next big challenge is the meet up on Feb 11th and then an engagement pary on 17th Feb, but hey I can and will be doing it.

Thanks for reading I just needed to write it all down to prove to myself that I did JFDI !!!!

Love

Trac xx

'Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain'

Karen
03-02-07, 13:54
<center>Many congratulations and well done Trac. You star! [Yeah!]</center>

You have faced a big fear today and proved to yourself that no matter how you might be feeling nothing will actually happen. That's brilliant. I expect your partner and Erin are so proud of you. :)

I often find it easier (or slightly less panic provoking) to do things at the last minute without have had time to come up with all the anticipatory worries and 'what ifs'.

You sound so determined that I know you can make it to the meet up. I am still trying to convince myself to go, so maybe we will both be able to do it.

I'm so proud of you Trac.

Karen xx

clickaway
03-02-07, 14:19
What an absolute Star!! [^]

It's amazing what can be done, isn't it? OK, I'm sure he gave you a nudge, but don't forget it was you who did it. It was your mind that was sitting beside the pitch, seeing your daughter get a clean sheet and her team whack the opposition!

I'm seeing next weekend as a challenge too, but maybe reading your story will give me a little more inspiration.

You go girl!
[8D]

Ray

http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

lildutt
03-02-07, 14:36
well done hun keep up the good work
bellxx

Piglet
03-02-07, 14:38
If I had some emoticons that went 'go round, go round' this page would be full of them - make do with these instead.

<center>:D:D:D:D:D:D
:D:D:D:D:D:D
:D:D:D:D:D:D</center>

Well done matey [8D]

Piglet xx

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

bobsy
03-02-07, 14:43
A BIG WELL DONE TRAC. [Wow!][Yeah!][Wow!][Yeah!] THINGS WILL GET EASIER THE MORE YOU DO THEM.[Yes!]

TAKE CARE

LOVE BOBSY;)

manmoor
03-02-07, 15:16
Awww Trac a big well done to you hun. I would love to have seen your daughters face aww well done you. xxx

"When There Was Only One It Was Then That I Carried You."

honeybee3939
03-02-07, 15:54
WOW TRACE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WELL DONE YOU !:D

You are doing so well, can see you at the Man Utd Matches before long !
(Then you will be able to give Kev the running commentary !lol[Wow!])

Its lovely to hear how positive you are thinking, i know you will get there matey!

Hugs

Andrea
xxxx

"If you have a worry turn it into a problem, you cant solve worrys but you can solve problems"

sandlin
03-02-07, 16:15
How Fantastic is that. WTG TRace, bet u are so so proud.

nomorepanic
03-02-07, 16:33
<center>Woohoo</center>

Well done mate - fab news to read and you did so well to cope.

I bet the kids are really proud of you today!

Hugs to you.

xxxxx

Nicola

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel

Sax
03-02-07, 16:47
WHOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

[8D][Wow!][Wow!][Wow!];););)[Yes!][Yes!][Yes!]:D:D:D[8D]

TRAC I AM SO SO PROUD OF YOU, WHAT AN AMAZING ACHIEVEMENT!!! YOUR GIRLS AND IAN MUST BE OVER THE MOON AND BLESS HER ERIN WAS VERY CONSIDERATE BUT TRAC U DID JFDI WELL BLOODY DONE!!

(((((((((((((MASSIVE HUG)))))))))))

LOVE U, SAX XXX

kilvosa
03-02-07, 17:05
Hi Trac
Well done Trac and look forward to meeting you at the meet.
Take care
Annexx

darkangel
03-02-07, 17:46
i am sooooooo pleased for you tracey - that is brill news

i can always remember the look on my daugthers face when I arrived at her dance show (i used to never be able to go) without her knowing - it was magical

well done and you will have a fab time at the party too

love darkangel x

........life is for living not just for surviving

eeyorelover
03-02-07, 22:50
WAY TO GO TRAC !!!!!!!!

It made my day to hear that!!!!!!!!

Much luv to ya :)
xxx
Sandy

kazzie
03-02-07, 22:52
WELL DONE TRAC:D:D:D

SEE YA ON SUNDAY!!!!!

LUV KAZ X X X:D

ALWAYS LOOK ON THE BRIGHT SIDE OF LIFE!!!!!!

bubblygirl
04-02-07, 01:00
Aww Trac well done was so lovely to read your post its brilliant what you did. And im glad im not the only one who needs water and chewing gum lol. You did amazingly you should be so so proud of yourself. Keep it up and i will see you at the meet up. take care of yourself love Sarah x

weepinky
04-02-07, 10:51
Trac that is the best news I've heard all weekend! Well done you hun xx

[^][^][^][^][^][^][^][^][^][^][^][^][^][^][^][^][^][^][^][^][^][^]

Yesterdays history, Tommorows a mystery, today is a gift, thats why its called the present.

alexis
04-02-07, 14:00
Well done Trac, an inspiraion for us all, puts hope in all our courts, Im sure the meet will go well and turn out to be fun as London did, sorry cant be there this time, out of the question at the moment, maybe next time, xxxx

Alexis
xx

wobily_lin
04-02-07, 17:28
<center>WELL DONE U</center>

<center>Trace I'm soooooo pleased for ye. Ya done great woman. I can imagine how proud you're family r of ye cos I know I am. Ya built of strong stuff girlie. Ya a fighter. YOU GO GIRL..NO STOPPN YA NOW!!!!!!</center>

<center>(((((((((((((((((((((((((((TRACE)))))))))))))))))) )))))))</center>

Take care,
Lin xxx
"Fear is dat lil darkroom, wer negatives r developed", so positive thoughts okies!!!!!

Sue K with 5
05-02-07, 13:09
I KNOW HOW HARD THAT MUST HAVE BEEN FOR YOU AND I THINK YOU HAVE DONE AMAZINGLY WELL. YOU GO GIRL. I AM SO GLAD THIS HAS BEEN SUCH A GREAT START TO THE YEAR FOR YOU AND I KNOW ITS GOING TO ONLY GET BETTER

WELL DONE

XXXX

scknight

trac67
05-02-07, 14:03
Thankyou everyone for all your replies, it really does mean a lot when I read how pleased everyone is for me when I have achieved something that I havent done for such a long time.

I felt so good after what I achieved Saturday, that yesterday (sunday) I decided that I would go with Ian to watch the football at his mates house for the afternoon..............another place which is way out of my comfort zone and new people who I had never met before..........I felt really nervous in the car on the way over there, but once there and I had met his mates the anxiety died right down and I was able to join in the chats and watch the football with ease...............it made it even better as the team I support beat the team Ian supports.............I didn't gloat too much as I didn't fancy walking home lol.

On the way home we had to stop at the co-op and I automatically got out the car and went in and got what we needed and didn't feel anxious at all.

We got home and the girls had cooked a full roast dinner for us, as a treat because I had done so well over the weekend and they wanted to do something special for me............maybe I should go out more on a sunday afternoon lol.

I really did enjoy my weekend and for the first time in a long time I felt 'normal' again as I was not stuck in looking at the same four walls, I have done more in 2 days than I have in 6 whole months added together.

This weekend has really made me believe that I can beat this and lead a normal life again, and I am so looking forward to doing that.

Can't wait to meet everyone next sunday, both old and new faces, and for the first time in a long time I am actually looking forward to going out instead of worrying and trying to think up an excuse not to go :D

Love

Trac xxx

'Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain'

bobsy
05-02-07, 14:10
What a busy weekend you have had trac. Good on you. Im glad you are getting out and about more and actually enjoying it. I know how hard it is and i want to say im really proud of you.

You will be coming to visit me sooner than you think.

Take care. wish i was coming to the meet but too far away for me 6 hours driving dont think im up to that yet.

Big HUGS

Bobsy x x x

P.s. hope your trampoline is getting some hammering!!!!

Piglet
05-02-07, 14:58
Well done mate :D:D:D

I'm just the same I seem to have done more in the last 2 weeks than I have in the last year!!

Piglet gives Trac a warm hug and says 'Simple fish' ;)[:I]:D

Piglet :)

honeybee3939
05-02-07, 15:17
Hi Trace

So pleased to hear what such a great weekend you have had !

2007 is definatley going to be your year Trace !:D:D:D:D:D

Im so proud of you!:D:D:D:D:D

Love

Andrea
xxxx

"If you have a worry turn it into a problem, you cant solve worrys but you can solve problems"

trac67
06-02-07, 21:25
................ and for todays trick I did ASDA, woo hoo lol.

I have not been into a supermarket for 6 months, so I grabbed a trolley, looked straight ahead and away I went.

Ian left me a few times in there to go and grab some things and I felt fine and browsed around, I even queued and packed the bags and paid.

Watch out kids, mum will be able to do her own weekly shopping again soon, so it will be veg and proper dinners again lol

Love

Trac xx

pamella
06-02-07, 21:41
that is brilliant, well done and im sure u will suceed in all in future.uve given the rest of us some hope, thank you. all the best.x

pjrobb

Sax
06-02-07, 21:48
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

No stopping you now Trac you go for it and i'm very very proud of you. (If if you did succeed in making me so damned guilty that you spent 3 hours cleaning your oven of all things - I was playing on me playstation at the time [:O])

Awesome mate and your girls and Ian will be so proud of you too but most of all you shout it to yourself wiv a massive grin on ya face 'JFDI'??? - yeah i did JFDI !!!!!!!!!!

Cant wait to give u a big hug on Sunday

love always
Sax xxx

kazzie
06-02-07, 22:33
WELL DONE TRAC

Cant wait to meet you on Sunday!!!!:D:D:D:D

Luv Kaz x x x

ALWAYS LOOK ON THE BRIGHT SIDE OF LIFE!!!!!!

Piglet
07-02-07, 09:27
Flying now mate - you're just flyin :D:D:D:D:D

Love Piglet xx

honeybee3939
07-02-07, 09:33
WELL DONE TRACE !!

Im so pleased what progress you have achieved in the last few weeks ! You a STAR !!!!! Keep going matey !!:D:D:D:D

Love

Andrea
xxxx

Granny Primark
07-02-07, 10:22
WELL DONE TRACE
How about PRIMARK for your next trick.
Weve got a huge one in Stoke which people think Ive got shares in!!!
Im so pleased to read of your success story trace.

Take care
LYNN xx

Karen
07-02-07, 17:15
Hi Trac

Wow you really are on a roll with all the progress you are making. I am only just catching up following Saturday's achievement to see you have done so much more since then. I am really proud of you mate.

Look forward to seeing you on Sunday.

Karen xx

bobsy
08-02-07, 08:28
WOOWHO TRAC your motoring now no stopping you now.

Whats that song "dont stop me now cos im having such a good time"

Love

Bobsy x x x

scoobygirl2005
08-02-07, 11:29
WELL DONE AM REALLY PLEASED FOR YOU!

You have done great, am so proud of you and happy that you are beating this, keep up the good work you can do it! [^] Loads of hugs!

Scooby2005
x x

www.z9.invisionfree.com/Panic_away

Lucy36
08-02-07, 20:09
WELL DONE TRAC

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK

YOU ARE DOING GREAT

LUCY
XXXX

nomorepanic
10-02-07, 17:07
Can someone please return the real Trac to earth [:P];)[}:)]

I am so so proud of you mate and all you have achieved so far this year.

Can't wait to give you a big hug tomorrow.;):)

xxxxx

Nicola

Southern_Belle
11-02-07, 17:02
Hi Trac,

I am so happy for all of your recent achievements. I know how free you must feel. I too wish I could have seen the look on Erin's face! You have really gone full blast and I only wish for you continued success.

Bel

"Our thoughts are our reality"

trac67
12-02-07, 11:12
Thankyou everyone for your replies, it gives me the get up and go to want to carry on achieving my goals :D

Yesterday I went to the meet-up, I had forgotten what the inside of a pub looked like lol. Felt really anxious as soon as I went in, but said hello to everyone and had a quick chat and then popped outside for a cigarette to calm and cool down..........was very hot inside.......not the best for an anxious person lol. Thoroughly enjoyed myself and stayed for 3 hours, was brilliant to meet everyone and to have a hug from all the people I have become very close to on here, I would not have missed that for anything. On the way home we popped into one of Ian's mates for an hour, so all in all I was away from my comfort zone for 5 hours..........you wont be able to keep me indoors soon lol.

Everyone who went to the meet did so well yesterday and we should all be very proud of ourselves :D

I am shattered today.........I am so not used to having a social life, it is wearing me out lol........ a good excuse not to have to do anything all day....... as if i need one lol [}:)]

Love

Trac xx

Piglet
12-02-07, 11:18
Well done ya little smasher :D:D:D

Love Piglet xx

nomorepanic
12-02-07, 15:56
Trac

It was lovely to see you yesterday and I am so proud of you for coming.

Thanks for the hugs as well.

Lovely to meet Ian - what a smashing guy he is - you are very lucky to have met him.

A HUGE well done mate and I know you are tired today but just look at what you have achieved over the last few weeks eh? You must be really proud of that.

Nicola

eeyorelover
12-02-07, 17:39
WOW Trac -
You are really becoming a gal about town :)
I am so happy for you hun!!!!
You deserve all the good things that the world has to offer!!!!!
xxx
Sandy

kate
12-02-07, 17:41
Nice one, Trac! :D:D:D

So glad you made the meet up and coped so well!

Kate x

"Everybody's changing and I don't feel the same"

honeybee3939
12-02-07, 19:32
Hi Trace

Well done for going to the meet-up, was so lovely to meet you, and was lovely to meet Ian too (a bit of dish too lol).
Im so pleased about all this progress you are making Trace, i cant keep up with it all !!!lol
You are a very special person Trace and it made my day meeting you !:D:D

Love and Hugs

Andrea
xxxx

KOKO23CAT
12-02-07, 19:43
hey,
have only just read about saturday, thats such good news. i know how hard it is to participate in your kids lives when you can't cope with your own! standing outside nursery with the other 'perfect can cope mums' was always what did for me!
excellent news, onwards and upwards and don't be disheartened by any mini setbacks because that is all they will be if they happen at all!

koko

''my life is full of catastrophies, most of which never happened''

trac67
22-02-07, 21:53
Thought I would update again to let you know how I am getting on :)

This week I have taken my daughter for her asthma check at the doctors and also been for my own appointment too, I had to sit and wait for 45 minutes in the waiting room as my doctor was running late, normally I would go and sit in the car, but I decided to stay in the surgery and wait, and it didnt feel too bad, i just kept myself occupied reading the magazines.

Today I ventured well away from my comfort zone, I went to visit Piglet for the day, an hours car journey from me, felt anxious before we left home, but once we were on our way the anxiety went completly and I was really looking forward to getting there.
It was such a lovely afternoon and was so great to meet Piglet and 2 of her little piglets, we chatted for england and I felt really comfortable the whole time I was there...................mate thankyou for making us so welcome we had a lovely time and you are just as I imagined you would be..............and that is a good thing lol............i will be back again now I have done it once..........so watch out lol.
I was away from the house for 7 hours today, just cannot remember the last time I was out of the house for that amount of time.....................I am actually beginning to feel like I am living again and not just exsisting :D

Next Tuesday is going to be a huge test for me as I have my middle daughters parent teacher evening and last year I got there, then ran like hell lol...........this time I am going to stay and chat to all the teachers I have appointments with.......so watch this space lol.

Love

Trac xxx

Piglet
22-02-07, 22:03
We too had a lovely time and it passed in a flash!!

Ian's 'Little Britain' impersonations will stay with me for a long time :D :D

I think you did marvellously well today - it was well out your comfort zone but all the repeated experiences you are having now are beginning to add up and get easier, which builds confidence doesn't it.

I too was abit nervous but that passed really quickly cos you are all such comfortable people to be with.

When Nic gets the gallery sorted we will put our photos up :D :D :D :D

Just eating my way through the chocs now hun!! :D

Love Piglet xx

Karen
23-02-07, 00:00
Well done Trac. You are making such brilliant progress. It was lovely seeing you again at the meet up and great that you have now been to visit Piglet. It sounds like you are taking big steps forward :yesyes:

Look forward to seeing the pics :kewlpics:

Karen xx

manmoor
23-02-07, 00:11
Aww Trac well done you. xx Let us know how you do next Tuesday cos the way yer going it'll be a dawdle hun. xxx

wobily_lin
23-02-07, 06:51
Blimey Trac.........

I WANT WHAT UR ON PLZ:p

and ye did ASDA??????WOW WEEEEEE woman..

I'm so so proud of you...you have achieved so so much Trac...and you're doin it still..that is the only way to do it as you have found out...one day I will b at one of these meetups i tell ya...n god help uz then lmao.....

YOU GO GIRL...WELL DONE

Hope ye had a lovely day yesterday btw :D

Sax
23-02-07, 09:41
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a207/orwall/go_girl.gifhttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a207/orwall/groupwave2520reversed.gifhttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a207/orwall/groupwave2520reversed.gif

Awesome Trac, you are doing so well, i'm so very proud of you. Keep it up and remember you are doing it ALL for you and no one else. Way to go xx :hugs: :yahoo: :hugs: :yahoo:

nomorepanic
23-02-07, 12:00
Trac

A HUGE well done on all your progess so far and how lovely to go and see Piglet.

Did she let you have any of her pringles or is she really that mean ? :sofa:

Good luck for next week - I know last year you felt you had let the girls down by not staying but this year you CAN do it.

:hugs:

xxxx

Piglet
23-02-07, 12:12
You know the hardest part of yesterday for me was seeing other people eat MY PRINGLES!!!:mad:

I think congratulating Trac on her progress be blowed - what about my progress:mad: . Agoraphobia's nothing compared to that! I had nightmares all last night at people laughing in my face and eating all my pringles - not at all helped by some distorted mob pics Trac of Ant and Dec over my face!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Piglet xx

trac67
23-02-07, 12:14
thanks for all the replies :D shattered today, think it was all that gossiping yesterday lol

Nic, Piglet did share her pringles and they werent soggy..........she must like me, or was trying to make a good first impression................next time i bet i have to take my own lol

Love

Trac xx

trac67
23-02-07, 12:20
Lol Piglet, we could see you glaring at us with your fists clenched as we ate the pringles, but I thought it was good therapy for you............its called learning to share lol..........................i had forgotten about the mobile phone pictures..........wonder if Nic would like them for the site lol

Love

Trac xxx

Piglet
23-02-07, 13:08
its called learning to share lol.

Trac xxx

Urgh what's that when its at home!! :mad:

Don't forget all my secret pics too, taken from all the spy points around the house :ohmy: :yahoo:

Did you have any pics on your camera in the end???

Piglet xx

trac67
23-02-07, 13:25
Ha next time we will 'flood' you with sharing lol

I did get a couple of pics mate and will work out how to send them to you:blush: me and technology lol

Love

Trac xx

clickaway
23-02-07, 13:28
Wow! Well done Trac - you are making amazing progress:)

And congratulations to Piglet on your first little meet-up. :emot-blink:

Karen
23-02-07, 20:51
Lol Piglet, we could see you glaring at us with your fists clenched as we ate the pringles, but I thought it was good therapy for you............its called learning to share lol
Don't worry Piglet. No need to share your Pringles with me on Monday :sign20:

Karen xx

Piglet
24-02-07, 15:06
Karen - I said exactly the same to Nic the other day, that I will not have to be stressed about my pringles at all when you come!! :D :D :D :D

Love Piglet xx

Karen
24-02-07, 15:46
Karen - I said exactly the same to Nic the other day, that I will not have to be stressed about my pringles at all when you come!! :D :D :D :D

Love Piglet xx
Nope you certainly won't :winks: . Do you need more supplies? :sign20:

Karen xx

kazzie
24-02-07, 19:25
Well done Trac on all you have done lately:yesyes:

Tell Ian I said hi!!!!

Luv Kaz x x x

Southern_Belle
26-02-07, 00:00
Hi Trac,

Just want to post what a great job I think you have been doing and how much fun it seems you have been having too. At least when those of us who have anxiety come back from it we appreciate the things in life that others take for granted! I'll keep reading for more of your adventures...

Belxx