PDA

View Full Version : NUMBER 1 worry with health anxiety

tmckenzie-orr
19-07-15, 18:28
What is the number 1 health anxiety worry for you all?

Is it a problem with your heart?

cancer?

Brain tumor?

Throat/mouth cancer?

skin cancer?

Leukemia?

Fishmanpa
19-07-15, 18:36
Pulisa posted this on another thread:

As an HA sufferer myself I have to say respectfully that I think this board unintentionally encourages HA. I know it's a hugely emotive subject and it's very difficult to strike the right balance re empathy v enabling.

IMO, this is an example of this. What benefit is there in asking what your biggest fear is? By answering it makes one focus on their fears and worries.

Positive thoughts

pulisa
19-07-15, 19:57
Please don't do a survey on HA. It doesn't help anybody.

tmckenzie-orr
19-07-15, 20:00
I wanted to see what everybodys main fear was, As i mainly focus on 1. skin cancer as main, 2. throat mouth cancer, 3. bowel cancer, so basically worry about all 3 depending if 1 of my moles look funny it will be skin cancer, if i have a ulcer or a ache in my mouth or throat then throat cancer, and loose bowels or stomach aches i worry about that, I cannot wait to get help and stop these negative thoughts it really does depress me so much , i work outisde in the sun and i am constantly putting sun screen on like a weirdo, and everymole looks like its got bigger and sends me into panic mode but then none of them look really bad i suppose i just hate it i am a absolute freak i need this cbt to hurry up and make me think better, Because cannot keep worrying like this it causes tight throat in worry and then i panic more, :( roll on winter lol

pulisa
19-07-15, 20:33
I appreciate your torment but you need to find ways to suppress your HA symptoms, not draw attention to them.

Richard1960
19-07-15, 20:40
To be honest i do not worry about anything that might happen or not,i just concentrate on staying well now without thinking what if what if which probably will not even happen.

Personally i do not find worrying about health issues to be very enabling myself.

tmckenzie-orr
19-07-15, 21:02
It's easy for myself to say I'll do that but then when it comes down to it a trigger sets me off and that's it I'm off on one, like Something unusual in my mental mind that haven't seen before or something or a ulcer or something lol I hate it but I do believe I am gonna beat these and certainly without tablets

pulisa
19-07-15, 21:09
But how do you think a survey on HA symptoms could possibly help you?

tmckenzie-orr
19-07-15, 21:56
It's not going to help me it's just being curious what everybody else main fear is, if such a big problem then please don't read it I don't mean to upset people by making it , it was just a curious poll

MyNameIsTerry
19-07-15, 23:48
I would imagine you will find something about prevalence on the Internet. Polls seem to be limited on NMP.