PDA

View Full Version : Been a while

TRISTAN
19-07-15, 21:07
hi , it all started a few years ago with panic attacks , wen to doctors and got 20 mg citalipram and propananol , after a few weeks and some nasty side effects I was back on track , after about five weeks I had another panic attack and went straight back to doctors and was changed to mirtazipone then venaflaxine with no joy so changed me back to citalipram 10 then 20 then 40 , still not great but was coping , she then added quetiapine as was not eating or sleeping and kept an eye on me over the past 6 months , still having bad moments but still coping as she put it , 3 weeks ago the symptoms came back worse that ever and not dealing with it very well anymore , as I don't want to hurt myself the doctor has made an appointment for two weeks time , wtf ,

Looking for reassurance and advice

venusbluejeans
19-07-15, 21:13
Hiya TRISTAN and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

sial72
19-07-15, 21:24
Hi Tristan and welcome
So you were put on medication, but were you ever given any therapy? X

TRISTAN
19-07-15, 21:31
I had a cours of cbt over the phone just after it all started and was given a care worker for a while but every time I called her she said it was just my anxiety and told me to Cary on with the doctors advice and I was doing really well , the biggest problem is if you don't want to hurt yourself they will see you in three weeks

sial72
19-07-15, 22:36
I don't live in the UK so I don't know how it works, are there no emergency lines were you could call to get advice??

TRISTAN
21-07-15, 18:01
There is s crisis line you can call if in distress but I have a friend I can call who is just as good

sial72
21-07-15, 19:51
That is very lucky! I have one too although she is beginning to get fed up of hearing me :-)