PDA

View Full Version : Hi all!

Thanatophobe
19-07-15, 22:34
Hello, I'm Kristina, Tina for short, and I stumbled on this place while Googling something I need to help with my thanatophobic panic disorder.
I think it would be great to talk with people who actually understand what I feel and how it affects me. Something I can't do at home; there is nothing more stupid and insensitive, or even IGNORANT as telling me to 'pull myself together'. How helpful is THAT? I have even been called a Junkie, though I have never taken an opiate in my life (well, apart from some morphine and oxycodone when I broke my arm) and my medicines are only Xanax and clonazepam. I have tried CBT, acupuncture (waste of good money folks) and relaxation therapy. I'm sure there was something else too but I've forgotten, obviously very memorable, eh? Anyway, it's good to find somewhere, after skimming brought the forum sections, that I can post and read things that affect me without being called a hypochondriac, junkie or plain insane. Glad to be here and hope to make some friends on this site 😊😊.

venusbluejeans
19-07-15, 22:44
Hiya Thanatophobe and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes: