PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone

Skitzasista
19-07-15, 22:37
Hi everyone I've visited this forum numerous times but have since decided tonight to take the jump and register tonight.
I have had ocd since the age of 17 and have just turned 40. First it was hand washing, number checking, re reading, lights etc. Several years ago it turned into intrusive thoughts which have gradually gotten worse. I have the I don't love my fiancé, I'm gay and I fancy kids all of which I'm not and I don't. My head is like a tape playing continually. I have a bad episode last summer where I fixated over a conversation with someone so went to the docs and was prescribed sertraline which I couldn't take as I scared myself off them. I at this point went to cbt for about 15 sessions. At Christmas last year I saved my dads life after he collapsed and since then my ocdhas really gone overboard. At the moment I have some music from something don't even know what stuck in my head causing anxiety. I also fixated on another conversation so decided to do the docs again. I also have to re read stuff, have to sleep on an even number, ask people to repeat stuff and many more.

About 4 weeks ago I was prescribed fluoxetine 20mg which I decided to give a go to along with my diazepam 2mg and so far I am a lot calmer but still fixating on some stuff. Ive lost my appetite too.
I must thank everyone on here as your comments and posts do help me realise I'm not alone and it is just my ocd trying to find a way in, a colleague at work pointed me to the forum and it's brilliant, hopefully I'll get to the point where I can let stuff go too. :hugs:

venusbluejeans
19-07-15, 22:44
Hiya Skitzasista and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Skitzasista
19-07-15, 22:48
Thanks venusbluejeans the info on this site has and will continue to be a form of support and I thank you for the site whole heartedly it means so much to know we are not alone and people do care. :yesyes:

Zeldagirl
20-07-15, 03:30
I have OCD too amongst panic attacks and anxiety. I feel your pain :( welcome and I hope you get to feeling better soon :)