PDA

View Full Version : So worried

2015cj
20-07-15, 08:06
Hi I'm new here and I'm worried sick. I hurt my neck about 4 weeks ago soon after I discovered a lump at the back of my neck which I panicked about immediately. Looked up on google there you go I'm now convinced I have either hodgkins or leukaemia. Since googling I have developed all the symptoms, tiredness, petechiae, night sweats itchy skin. I've had the lump checked by a doctor who said it was nothing and not to worry but I am :weep:. I have a 1 year old daughter and I keep thinking I'm gonna die and leave her :weep::weep: what should I do go back to the doctors? I can't function for worrying. X

bekw89
20-07-15, 17:44
Hi

Firstly if the doctors have told you it's ok then I would accept that, however for reassurance you could get a second opinion. But to reassure you lymphoma is a very curable cancer, a friend of mine has stage four she ignored her symptoms for over a year and still a very high survival rate so if you have one lump and even in a worse case scenario this is a very treatable disease. But it sounds to me like you have a Sebaceous cyst they are very common on shoulders, neck and back and the symptoms you are describing are simply anxiety symptoms from worrying about it.