PDA

View Full Version : Terrified the doctor was wrong (lymphoma)

bhafc22
20-07-15, 10:00
So a few weeks ago I went to the drs about a lymph node in my neck that was swollen. I got blood tests back and they came back perfect. When I spent a lot of time pressing and feeling my neck my cheek and neck would feel swollen and puffy, although it never looked it.

Now it feels that way alot. When I wake up it feels at its worst, and if I'm at work it goes away as the day goes on and I generally worry less. Days off are a living nightmare, feeling my neck now nothing seems out of the ordinary, but my cheek feels swollen and that side of my neck feels tighter, I also think I can feel a node in my left collarbone right next to the neck curve. I also have been a bit wheezy the last few weeks, not struggling to breath but there is a slight whistling type sound whenever I breath out and I'm worried it's due to some mass growing where I can't feel it. Again, I don't have the other symptoms in that heavy fatigue, weight loss and such.

I just don't know what to do, my dr can't see me for another month and I worry it could be too late by then, I'm supposed to emigrate in a month and I don't want to be trapped here fighting a terminal disease and losing everything instead. I just don't know what to do.

swajj
20-07-15, 10:21
Don't do anything. Ignore it and stop pressing it. Last year I was on the phone and accidentally touched one side of my neck and I was sure one of my lymph nodes was swollen. I had felt no soreness or pain or anything until I actually got the idea it was swollen. After that I could feel it all the time. I didn't even have to touch it. Eventually I went to my doctor and he felt it and said it felt absolutely normal. The minute he did that the sensations went away. Trust me you can create the sensations just by thinking about them.

countrygirl
20-07-15, 10:45
IF you touch our lymph nodes repeatdly they will swell even if there is nothing else going on at all! Its normal after minor infection for a lymph node to swell a little, after I had chicken pox as an adult I had large swollen lymph nodes at base of head/into neck for 10 years. They came up and went down but I noticed that if I even slightly pushed them they got much bigger and painful,

A challenge = don't even touch our neck anywhere for 5 days. Then gently press your fingers and i mean gently where the lymph nodes are and see if they have reduced in size, only do this once and then leave alone again for 5 days. They will never ever reduce in size while you are prodding and poking.

I know 3 people who had lymphoma and believe me their nodes were the size of golf balls and they grew to this size in a couple of weeks, this is a red flag symptom for your Dr - what you have is certainly not.

Hope this helps

swajj
20-07-15, 13:44
Even if it still feels swollen after 5 days it doesn't mean anything. From my understanding sometimes lymph nodes can swell as the result of some illness and they might never return to normal size even after the infection is gone.