PDA

View Full Version : Tingeling in my arm

Hears The Water
10-09-04, 15:49
Greetings all. When I woke up this morning my left arm was realy cold. I figured that it was because I had left it out from under the covers last night. (We keep our bedroom very cold and sleep under a comforter.) So I just ignored it as I knew that I would be getting dressed and it would warm up. Then I noticed that it was tingeling like it was falling asleep. It was the inside of my left arm and also the left side of my left breast. I checked my breathing and I have been working on it, but I was just wanting some reassurance that this has happend to others. I also am noticing as I type this that my coordination is off. I am having to type this a lot more slowly than I normally type. Also, could this be a sign of a pinched nerve do you think? I did carry some realy heavy book bags yesterday. It seems to be coming and going. My hands do tend to fall asleep when I am typing or driving or crocheting anyway, so I am thinking that something is going on here. Is this a sign of anxiety? I did read the post below about pins and needles in his feet, but I am not on any meds. Any and all help would be appreceated.
God bless you and yours
Debbie

Meg
10-09-04, 16:30
**So I just ignored it as I knew that I would be getting dressed and it would warm up. Then I noticed that it was tingeling like it was falling asleep.**

Good for you Debbie for just ignoring it and not overreacting . Brilliant.

As a limb ' wakes up' it also gets pins and needles . Do some general stretching and shaking of it . Typing requires some quite distinct coordination.

You may have strained a muscle and the attached nerve and its taking its time to get back to normal.

Just check that you haven't lost strength in the arm .

Hope its better now.

Meg

Anxiety is a thin stream of fear trickling through the mind.
If encouraged, it cuts a channel into which all other thoughts are drained.
Robert Albert Bloch

ed
10-09-04, 16:33
hi,
firstly, doesn't sound like anything to worry about. Sometimes in the morning i wake up with a really cold and numb arm, usually cos i've been sleeping on it funny!
If your arm is cold, its cos the blood supply has been cut off. When you woke up and noticed it, you say the next thing was you got tingly pins and needles-this is the blood rushing back into your arm, and as long as it only lasts a few minutes until the blood flow gets back to normal you have nothing to worry about!
However, if it lasts longer, say hours, then yes sounds like a trapped nerve and a trip to the doc!!!
Hope this helps, don't worry!!!
ed:)

seh1980
10-09-04, 16:39
hi there Debbie,

Don't worry too much - it just sounds like you had it in a funny position over night. Also, could just be that you were carrying heavy things yesterday and your muscles are still a little shaky - nothing to worry about i'm sure!!

Sarah :D

Hears The Water
11-09-04, 04:47
Thanks guys for all of your help. I am typing much better now! I had forgotten that I have been realy typing a lot lately as I am the chairperson for our homeschooling co-op's cookbook fundraiser. I have typed in close to 50 recipes over the last two days. That is a lot of typing for me. As far as the tingeling goes, it came and went. I realy do think it was more of a pinched nerve rather than a hyperventalating thing. But it would be very easy to do that as I am allways so tense. I have had several people tell me that they have never felt shoulders as tense and bunched up as mine. When I get over this thing about people touching me, the first thing I am going to do is get a massage!!!! Thanks for talking me out of my tree y'all. Thanks for being there for me!
God bless you and yours
Debbie

Rennie1989
11-09-04, 17:46
Debbie

you must of slept on it during the night, i do and it feels like cold water is going down my arm

hope its better

Scooter Girl

if i was hungry would you feed me, if i fell you help me up, if i was crying would you brush away my tears

sal
12-09-04, 01:59
Hi Debbie

We all get those feelings if we sleep on our arms. Dont relate it to anxiety as it is a common feeling hon.

Love Sal xxxxx

magnac
12-09-04, 19:49
I had a bad panic attack a couple of weeks ago and I had tingling all over my body which evetually led to temporary paralysis I thought I was having a stroke:( I am assured that this is a symptom of panic attacks since then I often get it in my left arm, hope it rests your mind a bit.x
Greetings all. When I woke up this morning my left arm was realy cold. I figured that it was because I had left it out from under the covers last night. (We keep our bedroom very cold and sleep under a comforter.) So I just ignored it as I knew that I would be getting dressed and it would warm up. Then I noticed that it was tingeling like it was falling asleep. It was the inside of my left arm and also the left side of my left breast. I checked my breathing and I have been working on it, but I was just wanting some reassurance that this has happend to others. I also am noticing as I type this that my coordination is off. I am having to type this a lot more slowly than I normally type. Also, could this be a sign of a pinched nerve do you think? I did carry some realy heavy book bags yesterday. It seems to be coming and going. My hands do tend to fall asleep when I am typing or driving or crocheting anyway, so I am thinking that something is going on here. Is this a sign of anxiety? I did read the post below about pins and needles in his feet, but I am not on any meds. Any and all help would be appreceated.
God bless you and yours
Debbie

<div align="right">Originally posted by Hears The Water - 10 September 2004 : 15:49:09</div id="right">

meatybuddy
14-09-05, 22:11
[Sigh...]sorry to bother you good people again but ive just started getting a tingling feeling in my right arm with a mild ache is this another symptom of panic attack as i have had all the heart tests done and everything came back clear and i know i over-react a lot but this overreaction has only been like i am now since i started getting these panic attacks but also the tingling does sometimes go all over my body

any suggestion would b greatfully recieved

There is light at the end of the tunnel its just fiding it thats the hard part