PDA

View Full Version : Visible pulse in both wrists

Alamie
20-07-15, 21:56
Hi! I an clearly see my pulse in both my wrists and I'm now convinced I have heart failure. I am getting on off heart pain and occasional heart palpitations. The doctor totally ignored me and said its only cos you have just walked here! It is there constantly not just after exercise but he wouldn't believe me :(

Fishmanpa
20-07-15, 22:02
Seeing your pulse is not an indication of heart issues. The vast majority of people can see and or feel a pulse on various places on their bodies.

Positive thoughts

Alamie
20-07-15, 22:05
I've made the mistake of googling and it said how its normal to see your pulse after exercise but not while resting :/ it s there beating hard and fast in both wrists 24/7 are you sure this bus normal? My heart isn't just going to give way? :( thank you for your reply.

KayeS
20-07-15, 22:19
I can see my pulse on both wrists. The skin is extremely thin there, especially if you have low bodyfat in general.

Liv7117
21-07-15, 02:00
I can see my pulse in my wrists and even in my thumbs sometimes. It's completely normal

Alamie
21-07-15, 17:02
Can you both see it beating constantly? Like even while resting? I seen a nurse today who said it's not normal :/

countrygirl
21-07-15, 17:46
If your heart is beating very fast due to anxiety then I would expect for you to see this. How fast is your heart beating at rest??

What did the nurse say? If she thought it was abnormal then she should have referred you to the Dr???

Liv7117
21-07-15, 21:38
Yes, I can see it all the time even while resting