PDA

View Full Version : can anyone advice

tam
03-02-07, 17:57
hi all i want to know were i go from here.i feel i have achieved so much recently and overcome so much.But i lack motovation and feel i am more depressed now than ever,i need to know what i can do or anything i can try to get me motovated.things have changed so much that i can go to places confident i will be ok,but lack so much motorvation i dont go.thanks for reading tracy:(

spuds
03-02-07, 20:16
I understand how you feel. I find it hard to get motivated about things, eg tidying up, although my anxiety is much better than it was. My husband's hints for motivation are to do small, achievable things. This way you don't get disheartened or beat yourself up if you don't succeed or outfaced by a large task (I'm easily outfaced!). Also, if you have to do things in two stages - such as mowing the lawn over a couple of days - so what? Better to do it slowly than not at all. I read in a book about depression/anxiety (Feeling Good: the new mood therapy, by David Burns) that "motivation follows action", not the other way around. I sit around waiting to feel motivated, when really if I just did something, any small thing, this achievement would motivate me further. Don't wait to be motivated, just do something. Hope this helps.

weepinky
03-02-07, 20:19
Hi Tam hun, sounds like you've beaten the anx but the depression is lingering, but I'm sure this is because you are not using your new found freedom[^] is there anything you would like to do? any courses you would like to start? or how about some exercise, swimming is great to boost your mood or a walk in the park/countryside or beach? Once you get started I'm sure your mood will lift and your zest for life will come back hun. Congratulations on what you have achieved so far:D

Don't know if that will be any help to you but we are behind you all the way hun x

Luv Pinky

Yesterdays history, Tommorows a mystery, today is a gift, thats why its called the present.

tam
04-02-07, 09:19
AWW THANKYOU YOU TWO,I REALLY UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU HAVE SAID,ITS JUST HARD SOMETIMES TO PUT INTO PRACTICE.BUT WITH WHAT YOU HAVE WRITTEN ITS GIVE ME HOPE AND CHANGED MY MOOD ALREADY.ITS SO GOOD KNOWING THAT PEOPLE UNDERSTAND AND SOMEBODY ELSE SAYING IT RATHER THAN ME MAKES MORE SENSE.THANKS FOR BEING THERE.LOVE TRACY