PDA

View Full Version : Had Abdo/pelvic scan

puzzledlass
21-07-15, 00:07
Obviously was anxious about it already but even more anxious now after!

She focussed a bit on one of my ovaries and I saw a black circle on screen. So so afraid is a tumour, cancer.

My partner asked her as he knew I was anxious and she said part way through she said "everything looks pretty good" and afterwards "nothing's jumping out at me". Obviously the doctor still needs to look.

So scared it WAS a tumour and she's just not saying anything...

Help!

Hypo84
21-07-15, 00:11
She said everything looks fine amd it's not enough for you because you are suddenly competent to read scans? C'mon...it's a text book irrational thinking...

puzzledlass
21-07-15, 00:27
I know I'm irrational... very. Just so afraid

Hypo84
21-07-15, 00:37
You are afraid because you have HA, work on that.

For now, I don't think anyone can write anything which will lower your fear, but fortunately for you, being afraid of smth doesn't make it true.

countrygirl
21-07-15, 09:54
Unless you are a qualified radiographer then looking at the screen means absolutely nothing to you, you cannot interpret what you see and what you do see can be totaly normal but how would you know??? This is why I never ever look at the screen even if I am asked if I want to in say an endoscopy or the time i had a camera in my bladder because I know that what I see will look to me abnormal but of course its not because if you know what it should look like its normal!

The radiographer would not have said what she did if she had seen anything that worried her, I know as i have radiographer friends. Even if they do see something that worries them they either say nothing or just say exactly what they see without interpretation as they did to my cousin who had ovarian cancer and they said they could see fluid in her abdomen and what might be a cyst on her ovary but she would need further investigations, this did not worry her but it did me when she told me as I knew what it meant.

So the radiographer did not see anything that worried her and the results are then checked again and sent to your GP.

puzzledlass
22-07-15, 07:51
Got my results back today. I have a fibroid which is about a centimetre. I also have a tilted uterus.

Don't really know anything about uterus fibroids but nurse said not to worry.

swajj
22-07-15, 09:12
I had one when I was pregnant with my last child. A couple of years later I had a scan for something else and the fibroid was gone. You have nothing to worry about.