PDA

View Full Version : cin 1 and hpv

toria
21-07-15, 07:46
Hi just wondering if anyone had had this and after a bit of advice, the results of biopsys was I have cin 1 and hpv they aren't going to do anything just keep a eye on it have to have next smear test in a year they say it can sometimes go on it's own, I just wanted to no if anyone had experienced this and just some advice, it's not the results I obviously wanted but I thought it was going to be worse I worry it could turn into something worse but can't live like that for the next year, I no no one can say it will won't it was just if others have had this thanks. Toria x

Leah1971
26-07-15, 20:54
Hi Toria, I had the same thing years ago. These things can fix themselves a lot of the time. Mine didn't and I ended up having a procedure done to remove the bad cells. I've since had the all clear and no problems at all. Leah.

toria
31-07-15, 08:15
Hi thanks for your reply, hopefully it will clear itself just have to get on with life and go for the checks when they are due, thanks again it really helps, are you back on 3 yearly checks x

youdontknowme
31-07-15, 08:47
My last smear was abnormal. It's a little bit of a shock to find out you have high risk HPV, but they told me that it ought to go away on its own. I'm due for my next pap in a few months.
In the meantime, just do what you can to live healthy. Not only will this help your body clear the virus much more quickly, but it will also help keep your mind off of the problem. Take it easy!

Leah1971
31-07-15, 12:04
In Australia I think it's every 2 years. But yes, I'm now back to just regular check ups now at the standard intervals. So all clear :yesyes:

youdontknowme
31-07-15, 12:25
That's sweet, Leah! From what I understand a good 90% of these cases clear up on their own within two years.