PDA

View Full Version : Dizziness, fatigue and blood in stool after colonoscopy. Scared.

Swk7
21-07-15, 12:52
Hi,

I had a colonoscopy yesterday morning and it went amazingly, i found it oddly fun watching it on the screen and I was pleased after being so scared that it went so well. I felt fine after apart from being very tired yesterday afternoon. Today however I have been very dizzy and tired since I woke up. I also had my first bowel movement since the colonscopy and it was very dark, floating and had blood in it. It had like lumps of blood (blood clots) and when I wiped there was some red there too. During the colonoscopy they took 14 routine biopsies (is this normal?) and I was told to expect maybe a little spotting, but I assume what i have had is not spotting.
I am absolutely terrified and was hoping someone could maybe share a similar experience or some advice?

Thank you in advance,
Sarah

Zim
22-07-15, 08:49
Hi Swk7,

Sorry for the late reply. I know firsthand how distressing this is.
I had a flexible sigmoidoscopy with routine biopsies.

Let me reassure you that you will be fine. Immediately after the sigmoidoscopy, I felt absolutely fine. A couple of hours later, I started getting abdominal pain and felt slightly nauseous. I had a bowel movement a few hours later on the same day of the procedure.

There was a lot of blood and mucus in the toilet bowl and a significant amount when I wiped. I hadn't even been warned of potential spotting so this totally freaked me out and I was certain I had a perforated colon or something. The volume of blood reduced over the next few days and was gone in 4.

I became calmer when I was reminded by family members that this would be a normal occurrence after biopsies had been taken.

You will be fine and good luck. :)