PDA

View Full Version : Panicking and anxious over moles! Please help xx

Retrogemz
21-07-15, 19:53
Hi everyone. I'm new to this so please be gentle lol. I've been struggling with health anxieties for a while now but my main concerns are over moles. I panicked and worry over my miles even after they've been checked and I feel like the only one feeling this way. I have loads of moles but I can't seem to get it out of my head that I do not have melanoma. I have a late mole on my back at the minute that I have had for years and even though it's been checked I'm convinced that it's melanoma as its starting to cause some stabbing pains. I keep trying to rationalise this as I have to shave it occasionally due to the hairs but I can't stop thinking the worst and I really need some support. Thank you xxx

Oosh
21-07-15, 22:31
Try and see that the problem isn't the presence of moles but the problem you have becoming preoccupied with them and playing out the nightmare scenarios in your head.

It could be moles, any other physical symptom, social situations, dentists, anything. People here will overly focus on one or another.

Assume it's ok by default. Instead of assuming it's not ok by default.

It's ok. Just try to forget. If you catch yourself becoming preoccupied with them again recognise it and don't let yourself. You forget it and it's gone. It's mental.

If you need some evidence in order to know that a specific mole is ok then by all means put your mind at ease and get your gp to check it out. Then recognise when you are becoming preoccupied with thoughts about them and take steps to break up the preoccupation.

Retrogemz
22-07-15, 22:05
Thank you so much for your reply. I'll try and train myself to rethink that way, I won't be defeated xx