PDA

View Full Version : Can anxiety cause this symptom?

Lemondrizzle
21-07-15, 20:26
Can severe anxiety cause your feet and legs to severely ache and seize up and struggle to put weight on them I have been really panicky. My dr says its anxiety but could it be my extreme excess weight?

I just woke one morning to pain so sore I couldn't walk properly 3 days later it's still as bad

Lemondrizzle
21-07-15, 20:41
Hi pail, I had ambulance out last night and phoned my doc today twice.. Each time he said stress anxiety has caused it. Had ECG done etc. was prescribed Valium for panick

Lemondrizzle
21-07-15, 21:05
I said to the doctor on the phone... Do u think I need blood tests on what I am describing to u? He said no. I can't take it all in and still doubt! The pain in in both feet and the low part of thigh/knee... Also both thumbs ache and are not easy to bend. Wondering if anyone else has had leg feet pains thru anxiety x

Lemondrizzle
21-07-15, 21:28
Your right :) thanks for talking to me :)

Lemondrizzle
22-07-15, 09:17
Any tips for easing this pain... It's so sore I can't walk

MyNameIsTerry
22-07-15, 09:27
If your weight is causing physical problems, regardless of anxiety your GP should offer advice on how to deal with this.

Anxiety certainly causes muscular tension in many places but if its due to weight, you may need some exercises to help with that, pain relief, a weight loss plan, etc. If you are a more mature person then its even more likely that these types of pains can appear and the conditions that later life can bring.

What did the hospital doctors say? Did they say to book an appointment with your GP to discuss how to improve this?

Teresa59
26-07-15, 19:33
I said to the doctor on the phone... Do u think I need blood tests on what I am describing to u? He said no. I can't take it all in and still doubt! The pain in in both feet and the low part of thigh/knee... Also both thumbs ache and are not easy to bend. Wondering if anyone else has had leg feet pains thru anxiety x

Hi
Yes, I have experienced similar, except I did not have pain in my feet, just the fronts of my shins and the backs of my knees, worst of all was the terrible aching in my lower thighs, infact the whole of my upper leg muscles were painful, it was due to my anxiety, at the time I thought that it was something seriously wrong with my legs, but my doctor said it was my anxiety/panic attacks causing it and he was right!
Seems unbelievable I know, but it's amazing what physical symptoms are brought on by severe anxiety, pretty scary!

Teresa x

luke213
28-07-15, 12:23
I think so. Severe anxiety can sometimes cause sensations like this.