PDA

View Full Version : Need calming down pls

Bulldog
21-07-15, 21:11
Hi I am going on holiday at the weekend which I am already really anxious about but I have broken my tooth and have put off going to the dentist as I have a phobia of dentists. The tooth has started aching and im freaking out as I feel like I need to choose going to dentist or flying with tooth ache. Can any one offer any calming advice?

Oosh
21-07-15, 22:20
Dentists are the experts at making teeth stuff better. Whenever I've been they've helped me and done it all without me feeling a thing.

It's just the imagined dentist you are fearing. Do yourself a favour and go and deal with the reality of the dentist and remove the fear of it.
I know it's hard to overcome but I've never found it to be a scary experience.

You'll feel great if you can get this out of the way. Imagine how much relief and enjoyment you'll feel on your holiday if you can put this behind you.

Cherryade
21-07-15, 22:28
Get an emergency appointment at the dentist and tell them you are nervous about it. Dentists are great now about dealing with nervous patients and it's no shame to admit to it. Then you can enjoy your holiday.

Bulldog
22-07-15, 20:42
Thanks for the replies. Just been for an emergency dental appointmentand I need to have my wisdom tooth removed. But he gave me antibiotics so it doesnt ruin the holiday. I just need to try and look forward to that now. I was until I was anxious about the dentist and it seems to have snowballed. Im hoping a good nights sleep helps