PDA

View Full Version : Breathing problems and other small 'ticks' and advice with gp procedures

Hewlad
21-07-15, 22:54
I have been convinced I have had anxiety for pretty much my whole life , however, I have never actually been checked out by a gp as I fear people around me might find out and use it against me/ abandon me... Anyway, I have noticed small 'ticks' in my daily routine , pins and needles coming daily, freaking out of music is too loud, needing to know an escape round from rooms, if I can't see one I refuse to enter the room, stomach aches coming most days, convinced I need medication, (paracetamol/ painkillers daily), only going to social events when drunk, not being able to sit some days and pacing around instead, not being able to sit still, going completely silent around people I don't know, however, the one that seems to be troubling me most is that I cannot breathe properly when walking alone, the only way I can get a breathe in is by coughing.

I tend to block out thoughts of how much of a nervous wreck I am and occasionally thoughts of dying (sometimes coming hourly) with music ( between 600-1000 minutes of listening to music a day) and even leave the TV in while I fall sleep to help me to stop thinking.

I'm 16 and noticing that this is causing major problems daily and concerned about it becoming worse, I am thinking of trying to get help through seeing my gp but wanted some Advice on what is the standard procedure they follow for cases like this?