PDA

View Full Version : Recovery

Florence20
22-07-15, 00:56
I have suffered from anxiety for an estimate of 2-3 years. My life was going down hill and I didn't even know it at first. I have suffered the affects of more than one traumatic experience in the last few years. This led to Agoraphobia, Generalised anxiety and Insomnia. However in the last 6 months I have become a vegan :D I started my own exposure therapy about 1 month and 1/2 ago and I feel great. I go out with my family much more and I try to go out on my own. I started documenting my sleep pattern a few weeks ago and it has taught me a lot. Recording when I woke up and when I went to sleep really opened my eyes to the problem. The most exciting news is that I will be going to university part-time in September to study a degree in English and History. I'm ecstatic and anxious at the same time because it has taken me two years to return to education. I hope to overcome my anxiety and actually use it in some way to be determined.
To not give up! :yahoo:
I want to move forward and always remember that an improvement, no matter how small is success.
I send my love to you all :hugs:
Nadine

MyNameIsTerry
22-07-15, 05:03
Well done, Nadine. :yesyes:

It's not exactly easy doing exposure work, let alone on your own given its tempting not to keep the pace up. That must have taken some determination.

Good luck with uni. I'm sure it will only increase your self confidence & self esteem.

Florence20
22-07-15, 15:15
Well done, Nadine. :yesyes:

It's not exactly easy doing exposure work, let alone on your own given its tempting not to keep the pace up. That must have taken some determination.

Good luck with uni. I'm sure it will only increase your self confidence & self esteem.

Thank you so much for your kind reply. I really appreciate it :)
It did.
Thank you for sending luck my way!:D
I hope it will. I have faith.
God bless you.
Nadine