PDA

View Full Version : Worried I have a spinal problem: HELP!!

Peterthegreatworrier
22-07-15, 05:33
Hi guys. I have come here hoping to receive some reasonable doubt to my belief that I am almost certainly suffering from some serious SPINAL CORD injury or compression.
Last week my physio got me to do some exercises. After I completed them I felt some twinge in my back, but I didn't think much of it. Then a couple of days later I watched a show while I was sitting on my bed (at one stage with my back against the wall) and I felt quite uncomfortable - almost as if my lower body was numb. Then later that night I started getting tingling in my hands, arms and legs, and my back pain was getting worse. This whole time, I was obsessing over CJD, so I tried to attribute my apparent parasthesias to my anxiety (I have a history of crawling, itching and tingling sensations coinciding with some of my health fears). But, after I got over CJD I just started to focus on my back and tingling, and the whole thing is now completely out of controll!! My pain feels much worse, the tingling is stronger and now sometimes occurs all over my body, and my lower body feels like it could be numb (I'm not sure, though). The thing that makes me most concerned is that these symptoms often occur WITHOUT ME EVEN THINKING OR WORRING ABOUT ANY HEALTH ISSUE!!! Can this be possible, I hope it is:unsure:.
My anxiety and my symptoms have intensified with my discovery of several possible conditions, such as Cauda equina syndrome. I'm worried that I either damaged my back doing the exercise, somehow compressed it by sitting against the wall or may have had the coincidental and bad luck to develop a tumor just when my anxiety is already at its height.
Can someone please find the time to alleviate my fears?
Regards, Peterthegreatworrier.