PDA

View Full Version : Anxious About A New Baby

dj9928
03-02-07, 23:31
My other half is pregnant and due in April, But the antispatory anxiety is doing my head in so much I can't get excited about the new arrival.

We had out first child in 03, I still had anxiety issues then but didn't know what it was, sort of ignorance is bliss type of thing, The child was late and my partner got called in, we went in at 8am one morning and I sat quite happily in the hospital untill 10pm that night, There was no sign of the baby coming so I got sent home, I was no sooner home till the phone went saying she went into labour, again I sat through that from 1am till 6am no problems before going home.

Anyway since then like many other hospitals around the country our local one has closed, My partner has to go to another hospital 30 miles away which involves my dreaded fear a trip down the motorway, I think I managed so well the previous time because she was in our local hospital which was no more than a 10 min walk and ment if I had a panic attack I could go home easily. I can't in this case and I'm cacking myself about it. I can't even get excited about the new baby coming, any advice appreciated

A happy person is fully caught up in the moment --and is not thinking about the past or the future.

jo61
04-02-07, 10:48
I can relate to anxiety about arrival of a new bundle of joy. Hold on to the fact that if you do have a panic attack you're in a hospital and they will help you. I suspect that when you have to drive down the motorway you'll be so wrapped up in the imminent arrival that you won't have time to panic.

Let us know how you and your OH get on; good news is always good to hear.

Jo