PDA

View Full Version : Hi, I'm Jewel and a Worry-Aholic!

Jewelieta
04-02-07, 00:42
*Hears a synchronatic, "Hi Jewel.* lol ;)

I'm new here, as all others that post a new topic are. I'll just give you a little background into my anxiety.

To begin, I hail from the laid back Midwestern state of South Dakota and I now reside in hectic, fast paced Northern Virginia (almost 5 yrs now). I think my geographic transplant is where a lot (but, not all) of my anxiety stems from. Being from such a small town, I wasn't around so very many different energies moving at such a high rate. I'm sensitive to other's energies/feelings and can pick up on them pretty well. So, as you can imagine being bombarded from every direction by hundreds of thousands of people is quite difficult to deal with. By being invaded by other's energies, I was taking on their feelings ON TOP of mine and couldn't differentiate the two. Not healthy. I'm now starting to learn how to protect myself against other's "intrusive" energies, which is quite an accomplishment and yet an ongoing struggle. I'm convinced it will get better in time though. Practice makes perfect, right? :)

On top of the energy "woo woo" I've also very recently come to terms with the fact that I was sexually taken advantage of at a very young age. (Still can't say the "M" word.) From what I've read, the characteristics that I portray are a result of this unfortunate/disgusting act that occurred. The OCD, the strive for perfection, the constant worry, the obsessive placement of tongue, breathing, and swallowing...it's all apart of control. (Not to say there isn't something chemical involved!) Trying to regain and maintain control now, because I couldn't when I was younger.

Anyway, I don't believe in Western medicine so I've been taking herbal remedies that really do a lot of good. I take a high quality Adrenal supplement and Holy Basil, as well as Kava Kava (when anxiety is completely out of control). The adrenal support is very important for us worriers. Every time we get worked up and stressed, our adrenal glands dump adrenaline into the system, and over time the glands can get burned out. Since being on the supplement, I am now more body aware and can feel the rush of adrenaline. And quite frankly, I don't like it. But, the body awareness also draws my attention to my mental state which, in turn, I can try to control.

Perhaps all of that was too much to share, but it really feels tremendously good to get it out in the open. I'm so happy I happened upon this site!! I promise I'm not a weirdo! Well...not THAT big of a weirdo. ;)

Peace 'n Love!
Jewel

Just BE...

manmoor
04-02-07, 10:57
Hi Jewel,

A big warm welcome to you.

"When There Was Only One It Was Then That I Carried You."

trac67
04-02-07, 11:31
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain'

nomorepanic
04-02-07, 11:39
Hi Jewel

A warm welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help.

Nicola

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel

honeybee3939
04-02-07, 12:15
Hi Jewel

And a BIG warm welcome to you, lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice while making new friends on the way.:D

Love

Andrea
xxxx

"If you have a worry turn it into a problem, you cant solve worrys but you can solve problems"

kilvosa
04-02-07, 12:41
Hi Jewel
Welcome to you , you will lots of helpful and friendly people on here as i have done
take care
Annexx

wobily_lin
04-02-07, 17:47
elo Jewel,

A warm welcome to the site. You will find great support and advice here.

Take care,
Lin xxx
"Fear is dat lil darkroom, wer negatives r developed", so positive thoughts okies!!!!!