PDA

View Full Version : can it really be anxiety making me feel like this?

anxiouscat
22-07-15, 19:01
So after 4 urine samples coming being negative and 2 lots of antibiotics I'm still having trouble with my bladder. I went to the doctors yesterday and he said there is no infection and I broke down and said what else it could be and said I was overly stressed the week before this bladder problem happened and could that have triggered it off and he said it could of and asked of I was still stressed and I said yeah because of this bladder thing I'm thinking about it all the time so he gave me some neditol 2mg to take to relax my bladder as he said it could be making me have an irritable bladder and see how I get on with it.

would anxiety really be making my bladder feel irritated like this though? Some times I'll be fine and won't go for a few hours and then I'll go 3 times in an hour! I don't go at night once I'm asleep. I do find when I'm really distracted I don't think about it as much but all I can think about is that I have interstitial cystitis or an infection they can't find or something :( I just want to feel my self again. I get the neditol tomorrow, I just hope it makes things better

worrywart29
22-07-15, 19:43
It most definitely can. I usually have frequent urination its not extreme but I go often. Recently my grandmother passed away and literally the same day I heard she was in the hospital (I was very stressed and anxious because of this) I noticed that when I went to urinate the flow wasn't quite right, almost as if something was blocking it. The days after this incident I was still under high stress and I was urinating maybe 2 times a day which is not normal for me at all. Once the stress calmed down I started going as normal but it took weeks and me getting my stress in order for it to return to normal also the same thing happened with my bowels

Leslie735
22-07-15, 21:31
Yes anxiety no doubt. I went through that a year 1/2 ago. Once I let go of the fear and anxiety it stopped.

Hypo84
22-07-15, 21:34
There are definitely some serious illnesses that can cause frequent urination and you probably have one of them...it's spelled a n x i e t y ;)

Seriously, when I am anxious and it happens quite often since, well, I have HA, I sometimes go 4-5 times in an hour. It's just so common symptom of anxiety I wouldn't pay any attention to it. Just the fact that you can sometimes wait for a few hours before urinating means you are totally fine.

56degree
23-07-15, 01:37
Yep I have the same problem, and the more I think about it, the more I need to go. I also don't need to go of a night either. I had a really good day on Tuesday with very little anxiety and went five times. Today is not a good day anxiety wise and I might double that, although my fluid intake is the same.

anxiouscat
24-07-15, 20:07
Thanks for your replies :) I just hate feeling like this, its so hard to think that its nothing serious when it just doesn't seem right :( I'm just constantly thinking about it again now i'm back from my boyfriend's house, trying to distract myself but its not working!

Zim
24-07-15, 20:10
This is definitely a common occurrence in sufferers of anxiety. I have been going to the toilet to urinate much more than I did before this bout of HA.

It will calm down when you pay less attention to it. :)

Frenchy
24-07-15, 21:30
At the height of my anxiety I actually ended up seeing my Dr requesting a diabetes test because I was peeing so frequently....

He told me this is all part of the evolutionary "fight or flight" response. And it is thought to be the reason why people also suffer nausea/diarrhea (as well as bladder problems) when they are panicked or stressed.