PDA

View Full Version : breast cancer?

lele19
22-07-15, 20:17
So after worrying I had breast cancer for several months I didnt want to wait another 10days for my NHS app. I paid to go private today, saw a consultant and had a full ultrasound. Everything was fine. But my health anxiety is making me obsessed that because he only marked with pen two areas of concern that he felt rather than the 3 i felt that maybe he missed something. Though the ultrasound covered the whole of both breastd and I said to him 'are both completely ok? ' and he said 'yes'.Am i worrying for nothing?

---------- Post added at 20:17 ---------- Previous post was at 19:49 ----------

Could really use some advice :(

Justanutter
22-07-15, 20:17
Hi Lele...trust me...I had the same thing but was totally reassured that the ultrasound would pick up anything. They will have gone deeply round the whole breast and it would have seen all areas not just a couple. Nothing to worry about honestly. If any doubt they would have asked for MRI and didn't as ultrasound is enough and more in depth than a normal mammogram.

spacebunnyx
23-07-15, 12:03
I've just had a breast cancer scare and had to have a biopsy... they are amazing with ultrasounds and they can tell the difference between benign and dodgy lumps and bumps. If they are ever in any doubt they biopsy.

swajj
23-07-15, 12:09
The ultrasound is a very accurate test. You don't have anything to worry about. He didn't miss anything. The area you think he missed obviously was not cause for con when he viewed it on the ultrasound.

---------- Post added at 20:39 ---------- Previous post was at 20:38 ----------

Concern

lele19
23-07-15, 15:38
Space bunny - how was the biopsy im absolutely terrified at the thought of it. It was implied I may have one in the future...a core biopsy. Was it extremely painful??

spacebunnyx
23-07-15, 15:48
Not.At.All.

I had 3 core biopsies taken. They give you a local and then you feel nothing. Was slightly sore for a couple of days after but nothing major. Looked a bit bruised but that's it. Honestly, it was absolutely fine... and it probably won't come to that with you. I had a clearly defined solid mass.