PDA

View Full Version : Afraid my brain is about to pop

natalie yog
23-07-15, 04:56
I've been having strange clicking noises in the top of my head that have been coming and going for awhile. So of course in my I think my brain is going to pop any minute and it's the first thing I woke up to this morning.

Gary A
23-07-15, 07:01
Your brain isn't going to "pop". It sounds to me like a sinus issue. Do you have a cold or anything like that at the minute?

tmckenzie-orr
23-07-15, 09:42
Omg it sounds like a spackalasaurus aka baby firebreathingdragon trying to get out of the top of your head, or it could be ur brains so small it's bouncing about like a tennis ball orr it could be nothing and ur over concentrating on it lol, sorry for making a joke, ur fine it most certainly won't pop lol

countrygirl
23-07-15, 11:23
Omg it sounds like a spackalasaurus aka baby firebreathingdragon trying to get out of the top of your head, or it could be ur brains so small it's bouncing about like a tennis ball orr it could be nothing and ur over concentrating on it lol, sorry for making a joke, ur fine it most certainly won't pop lol

Haha, reading the first 6 words my eyes widened thinking what I have never heard of that condition!

Seriously though, it could be that you are hearing a creaky neck ( everyone gets this at some time) or as has been said do you have or have had a cold as sinuses creak terribly and they are in your cheeks and your forehead.

Annoying but not life threatening.

natalie yog
23-07-15, 15:06
I just got back in and read the replies ha. I knew when I typed the word pop it was over dramatic but when you wake up at 4.11 am things tend to frighten me more since I feel more alone and everybody else at home is asleep at that time.
It silly to think that I know I've had this in the past and after having my eyes tested last week I think the optician would've noticed something was up with my brain. At the moment I do have a very bad cracking neck that cracks nearly every time I move it. The main reason I got scared was the fact that it felt like the click was on top of my head so since I've been over thinking it I've now felt head pains all day. I didn't want to bother any of my family about since they've all got problems of their own.

countrygirl
23-07-15, 15:18
Its truly amazing how a clicking neck can reverberate through your body:)

Sounds like you have calmed down now and can see the logical explanations. I banged my head and wrenched my already very damaged neck a year ago and strained a tendon in my neck and for 9 months every single time I turned my head it sounded like rifle fire in my head. This was just noise from the strained neck tendon but scared me witless at the time!