PDA

View Full Version : Question about stools - convinced I have pancreatitis

J80
23-07-15, 06:20
For a while now on and off my bowels have been a bit off. Sometimes I'll go through days when it looks perfectly healthy and then my stools get mushy and just look wrong.

Last couple of days I've noticed my stools are mushy and have this yellowish tinge to it. My stool isn't exactly full on yellow it is a brownish yellow - this is more prominent when I wipe.

I'm sick with nerves thinking I have pancreatitis or some serious malabsorption problem. I also have upper abdominal tenderness and nausea - which initially I just put down to indigestion or acid reflux.

I can't eat or sleep because of the worry :( anyone else have this colour stool? And does it always signify a serious problem?

percythetrain
23-07-15, 07:35
Hi J80 :-) Your problem sounds like IBS which isn't really life threatening. When you have IBS your stools will get runny sometimes but you can also have IBS with constipation or a combo of both. Another cause could be a food intolerance, do you have issues with lactose?

Beth28
23-07-15, 15:54
I do not know what pancreatitis is and I have stool similar problem.

Could it be something you have eaten ?. Apparently stools change as we get older. Or under stress. I have had the same problem for months.

Whatever you do please, PLEASE do not go on google to find out a cause. I have been fighting the urge for two weeks. It is damn hard.

Go to your GP get your bloods done and ask for a gastro/heptologist

All the best

ScaredGuy
04-10-15, 01:58
What diagnosis did you end up getting?