PDA

View Full Version : Fed up of over obsessing !!!

tmckenzie-orr
23-07-15, 09:18
I was fine allday yesterday then I accidently felt one of moles that before was flat and now it's raised a little, and that's it into panic mode begging my mrs to take a picture of it and take a picture of it via the skin vision app, my mrs said it looks fine and skin vision said low risk but in panicking still WHAT IF it's cancer WHAT IF bad omg omg lol, well I went to sleep where I always shut off fine and almost instant as soon as I wake I am checking this mole looking at it feeling it taking pictures of it measuring it at 3mm , just in freak panic mode, I am checking different moles all the time, and I feel nuts I have about 100-200 over my whole body more like freckle moles but omg when I go in the sun they all change I hate this :( I never used to ever worry about skin cancer but I'm sure it's since I read about how deadly it can be it makes me scared as anything

countrygirl
23-07-15, 11:29
I have seen malignant melanoma on my aunty 20 years ago. This helped my mole fear enormously as I now know what they look like and believe me it rang instant alarm bells. I was the one who insisted she see her GP because even I knew this was almost certainly mm. She had operation and plastic surgery and she is still here and aged 85 with no further problems.

Every female in my family has had skin cancer because we are all covered in moles/skin tags and every other skin blemish you can think of, its genetic so I rightly have to be aware.

Yes taking photos once every 6 months of all your moles is a good idea if a tad time consuming and inbetween be aware of any sudden big changes.

I am wondering how you can tell if your mole is slightly more raised ( unless your measuring with a micrometer!).

I know its hard but can you set yourself a plan of action over this fear. Photo once every 3 months and no obseesing checking with your micrometer:)

tmckenzie-orr
23-07-15, 13:07
I think because wen I rubbed my finger over it before it was flat now it's slightly raised it feels an looks like it got a scratch through it but don't know how could of done it , I know loads survive skin cancer but the horror story ones make it scary lol, I just want to stop obsessing it's so boring if u saw me I am a 26yr old jač the lad 6ft 2 19sone big man but in a coward when comes to my health anxiety :( lol

countrygirl
23-07-15, 15:27
If only there was a magic cure for health anxiety:) REmember your perceptions won't be right when you are in throws of HA so this mole may not actually be raised. Its very easy to get a scratch without knowing and this could be what you are feeling.

Its sensible to keep and eye on it but maybe only look once a day?

tmckenzie-orr
23-07-15, 17:21
yeah thats it, I dont think it is anything to worry about i hope not anyway , but in the past 2 months i have been worried about 4 different moles, lol And the main scary looking one whcih looks like a dark brown butterfly i showed 2 doctors and both said absolutely fine , so dont worry about that one now as havent changed or anything its like u get reasured from one thing and move on to the next

tmckenzie-orr
24-07-15, 11:29
So i wake up this morning and look at my mole , and im completely obsessing, i had skin vision the skin cancer app, taking pics of it and anaylsing it, it said low risk, witch is good, But i keep doing it over and over, and then i looked at skin cancer pictures for ages and it looks nothing like any skin cancer picture at all , so was reasured then i looked back at it and thought what if its not a scratch through the mole and its a line of melonoma, lol being nuts i know but omg i hate this so much why am i so weak? and why am i worried? why am scared? why am i obssessing?

countrygirl
24-07-15, 14:56
Its awful the obessing isn't it. You know what you have to do - get rid of the skin app on your phone - it will never ever say no risk because they daren't so low risk is as good as it gets which to a Dr seeing it would mean go away and stop worrying about it. Stop checking - once a week is fine, once a month is better.

From a different perspective , think how your obsessing over this is affecting your other half, they may appear patient and tolerant but how are they really feeling. Probably frustrated and angry. So how about trying to get a handle on your current obsession for them and your relationship? Just a thought that hopefully might help but if not just ignore me!

tmckenzie-orr
24-07-15, 15:43
100% its definately affecting us, We went for a dog walk and i spoke about was my health anxiety lol and she was bored stiff by the end of it lol, i am always asking her to check etc, Yeah the skin vision is either low risk medium risk or high risk, id die if it said high risk haha, I was like a proper little weirdo earlier kept taking pictures etc of it i have bored myself now , i will see if the think line scratch has healed in 2 weeks if not ill go doctors but im sure it must just be a scratch through it as wasnt there 1 week ago but crnt think of when i did scratch it haha scareyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy haha

lyndau63
25-07-15, 23:55
I know just how you feel You tell yourself you are okay and then suddenly you think about iT again and start panicking all over gain. I know the feeling. It is HORRIBLE.

---------- Post added at 23:55 ---------- Previous post was at 23:53 ----------

With me it's breasts not moles though...and my husband still refuses to check them. Says it is a real turn-off. :blush:

tmckenzie-orr
26-07-15, 11:31
lol, Its horrible, But i do understand from there point of view they dont wanna keep on checkin and reasuring us, as they just think we are absolutely bonkers the way we are going we will end up pushing them away

lyndau63
26-07-15, 17:35
Yes I know what you are saying. My hubby has put up with it for forty years but he doesn't agree with my keep seeking reassurance.