PDA

View Full Version : Relapse

ashero38
23-07-15, 14:39
I haven't been on the forum for a very long time but I'm starting to struggle again things were really bad a while ago I was going up a&e every day having ecg,s and blood tests thinking there was something wrong with my heart never anything haven't been for two years now but been going to my GP nearly every day cause of anxiety but yesterday my surgery said that they can't cope with seeing me every day so I'm only allowed to go two days a week so since being told this I'm really anxious aches and pains ( why they always on the left side) and feeling really down and started thinking about dying I'm only 43 feel like I'm a old man and life is over any advice and comments on how to cope Greatly appreciated

stk149
23-07-15, 15:11
Hi there :)

Sorry to hear you're feeling like this. There's nothing worse than feeling like your finally starting to feel better, and then you have a nasty relapse. :weep:

Has anything particularly stressful happened lately that may have triggered your health anxiety? I find it's a always a good idea to sit down and figure out if anything may be contributing to it. It may be something you're unaware of, like nutrition (lack of B Vitamins is a common one).

I know it's hard to have faith in what the doctors are telling you, but they've done all the appropriate tests, and from what you're saying it seems like you're really healthy! :)

The best way to get over the nasty physical symptoms your anxiety brings is to do something that takes your mind off it! Getting together with friends for a meal, or going for a long walk, things like that.

I have found that going on anti-depressants has greatly reduced my anxiety, if you're not on medication it may be worth talking to your doctor about it. It doesn't work for everyone the first time round, it may take a couple of goes to find the medication that works best for you, but it's definitely worth it to feel a bit normal again.

I hope you feel better soon :flowers:

- Therese x