PDA

View Full Version : Hoping to get help

mummy1983
23-07-15, 20:28
Hi I'm a 31 year old mum of 2. I've been diagnosed as moderatly-severly depressed and severely anxious. My anxiety is mainly based on the fear of illness.
About 3 months ago I was I'll with a horrible sickness bug I caught off one of my children which I was bed ridden for 4 days and has been affecting me ever since.
I'm constantly worried I'm going to catch another sickness bug to the point where I panic about having to go in places with people in case one of those is ill and I catch it.
I have panic attacks and react badly to things such as my son sometimes says his tummy hurts when he means he's hungry which freaks me out, if my younger son has a bit of a soft nappy I panic as all I see is a sign of illness. If I get windnor rumbly tummy I freak out as it reminds me of how I was the night I got sick. Monday evenings and Friday mornings are hard for me as it reminds me of me and my kids being ill.
I can't go out and meet my friends inside places or take my kids to indoor things as I panic someone will make me ill.
My GP has referred me for 1 to 1 counselling but there is a 40 day waiting list justfor an assessment and I'm taking quiet life tablets and Bach rescue remedy but I'm still suffering daily panic attacks. My appetite and diet are screwed up I'm living on fish pasta potatoes and salad anything else I find I can't eat. Sometimes I can't eat that day as I'm that worked up.
Really I'm asking for advice on how to get through each day with out constantly thinking I'm going to be ill or to talk with someone whose been there.
So close to asking for some medicinal help as I can't function properly to look after my children and its getting me down.

venusbluejeans
23-07-15, 20:33
Hiya mummy1983 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes: