PDA

View Full Version : Who's been on a manuka honey for a while?

Petesy
24-07-15, 04:19
Hi Everyone

I've just bought a jar of Manuka honey after doing research on the benefits of the honey itself for the human body...

Was wondering has anyone found that it helps their symptoms of anxiety??

Thanks Petesy

MyNameIsTerry
24-07-15, 04:41
Can't say that I know for anxiety but I do know that it is useful in killing bad bacterias so I guess it might be a candida killer for those who suffer overgrowth. All honey would do that but Manukas are more potent (although there are some confusing ratings for them as there is no standard in place)

It's certainly medically accepted for some topical uses but only over certain strengths.

tmckenzie-orr
24-07-15, 10:21
I have used manuka honey when i had throat cancer worrys it would sooth my throat from irration , the actual cause of my throat concerns lol

Carnation
24-07-15, 17:50
ME. I have. :)
Oh Petesy, I have had a chest infection on and off for over 6 months!

But now I have finished my jar of Manuka Honey; a teaspoon a day and I am pleased to say that I am now clear! :)

I don't know if it helps Anxiety, but since I have finished the jar, I have definitely been a lot worse. I am going to get another jar and see if it improves. :shrug:

worrywart29
24-07-15, 20:33
I wanted to try it after reading the benefits, but good ole health anxiety caused me to have a fear of allergic reactions. I started thinking what if I end up allergic to It, and decided not to try it.

LauraWoo84
25-07-15, 04:37
I use mark a honey to help ease my inflammatory bowel disease and it really does ease the symptoms I think it is incredible stuff. I did a lot of research on the honey and swear by it. I buy the more expensive pots and you can really tell the difference in the purity of the honey so would say definitely invest in the higher end jars.