PDA

View Full Version : Long time viewer first time poster

hungry ghost
24-07-15, 17:28
Hi everyone, I'm here to introduce myself which seems to be the custom.

I'm 27, which I guess is the age people start feeling old.

I live in london.

I have pretty bad social anxiety, am virtually a shut in, unemployed and my life pretty much sucks (surprise) , lol.

Anyway nice to meet you all, looking forward to being a part of this community of fellow aliens, ghosts, and weirdos. BTW I use those terms affectionately but will refrain from triggering anyone in future.

peace :yesyes::yesyes:

venusbluejeans
24-07-15, 17:36
Hiya hungry ghost and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

shaka
24-07-15, 17:38
Hi hungry ghost :welcome:

angels22165
24-07-15, 17:50
Hi :D

hungry ghost
24-07-15, 19:57
thanks all

Zim
24-07-15, 20:06
Hi Ghost :)

Actually, 27 is often considered the best age in life as long as you actually survive it unlike the '27 club' (Jim Morrison, Jimi Hendrix and Kurt Cobain etc.) :winks:

I hope you find some useful advice here which will help you overcome your social fears and anxiety.

I know this will be extremely difficult but the first thing I would suggest is that you face your fears head on and force yourself to go out. I would suggest doing small things at first. If you have a good friend, go out with them to a restaurant or a bar that you like. Slowly adapt and go out with a few more people or to a few destinations which are slightly out of your comfort zone.

I'm sure you'll be able to overcome this. :yesyes:

Pepperpot
24-07-15, 20:39
Hello, I'm new here too and I'm deffo weird :)
I'm lucky in that I feel I am able to go out the house; do you suffer from panic attacks when you leave the house? Sorry for my ignorance :(

hungry ghost
26-07-15, 15:32
Thanks Zim,

I'm at the part of my recovery that we call "exposure". I've done cbt, and well I stopped taking my meds a couples months back because I'd sort of had enough of them. I am in fact going out bit by bit in prep for a long backpacking trip I have in september. I'm trying to reduce my anxiety so it won't be such a shock. Thanks for your advice, I'll try and avoid the 27 club. I was feeling a bit suicidal a while back and my friend reminded me of this strange phenomena and well who wants to be a cleche?

---------- Post added at 15:32 ---------- Previous post was at 15:25 ----------

For a long time I had full on panic attacks I was really incapable of any of it. Slowly things improved but I got so used to how things were, and so scared of how things were out there that I avoided it all together. I would go outside to do something alone and experience all the usual symptoms, by the time I got back I felt like I had been tossed around in the washing machine. I would have this thought that I new to be completely irrational " I would rather die then do that again". LOL, It's sort of funny looking back on that. I can go outside at night these days, to "safe places" with "safe people" as they say and I'm not a full on shut in but I imagine my neighbours think I am.

You definitely are lucky in this respect, and I guess that's part of the function of sites like this. You get a little more perspective when you get a glimpse of other people's issues. This I guess can help in tackling your own. No it wasn't ignorant, aren't we supposed to ask each other questions? Share experiences and better understand ourselves?

Pepperpot
26-07-15, 23:23
We are indeed. :)

ricardo
27-07-15, 10:49
Hi everyone, I'm here to introduce myself which seems to be the custom.

I'm 27, which I guess is the age people start feeling old.

I live in london.

I have pretty bad social anxiety, am virtually a shut in, unemployed and my life pretty much sucks (surprise) , lol.

Anyway nice to meet you all, looking forward to being a part of this community of fellow aliens, ghosts, and weirdos. BTW I use those terms affectionately but will refrain from triggering anyone in future.

peace :yesyes::yesyes:

Well you just made my day lol :ohmy:

I always suggest what venus has said.Look around the site, many of your fears and questions are on the site with a full explanation.