PDA

View Full Version : Excercise/Relaxation

karl
10-09-04, 21:18
Hi

I listen to relaxation cd's every night but i feel i need to release tension from all my muscles in my head, neck, arms, legs etc.

Can anyone tell me some simple excercises so i can do them later on so maybe it will calm down my twitches and pains and trembling alittle.

Or any other simple excercises i can do now would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

:D

seh1980
10-09-04, 21:26
hi Karl,

I find that any exercise decreases the tension in my body. Just going for a brisk walk really helps.

Sarah :D

Rennie1989
10-09-04, 21:28
karl

i do meditation b/c it jut relaxes all of your muscles

Scooter Girl

if i was hungry would you feed me, if i fell you help me up, if i was crying would you brush away my tears

nomorepanic
10-09-04, 21:28
swimming is good

Nicola

Rennie1989
11-09-04, 17:05
Have to admitt nic i have been rather bad with my exercises, i should be swimming twice a week, but it helps when no one wants to comes with you, lol

Scooter Girl

if i was hungry would you feed me, if i fell you help me up, if i was crying would you brush away my tears

sal
12-09-04, 02:01
Hi Karl

Swimming will help like Nic said.

But if you are not up to that just tense and relax the muscles.

Love Sal xxxxx

Hears The Water
12-09-04, 18:47
Well, I have a couple. When my neck and shoulders are tense I will shrug my shoulders tightly for a count of 5 and then release them and relax them for a count of 5 several times. I will also rotate my head all around deliberatly and slowly to stretch all of those muscles. For an all-over relaxation, I will start with my feet and deliberalty tense each muscle for five seconds. Start with my toes, my feet, my calves, my kneese, etc etc working my way up my body to the top of my head. Then I will visualize an outline of my body filled with water. I then "pull a plug" from my feet and visualize feeling the tension draining out. As I "see" this the outline of my body will slowly empty of the water, starting with my head and working it's way down my shoulders, my chest etc etc until it is all gone.
Everyone is right, exercise helps so much. When I am tense I walk. But sometimes I wake up very tense and I don't like to walk here at 2 in the morning so I will pace around the house or tense my muscles to try to get rid of the adryneline. Hope these help.
God bless you and yours
Debbie

sal
12-09-04, 23:18
Hi Karl

Hope you realise now that we are all here to help.

Yu are having a rough time and we will help you all we can.

Have you thought about treating yourself to a massage, it might cost but it will help you.

Love Sal xxxxx