PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else get bursts of panic that last a second?

bekw89
25-07-15, 06:56
It's the only way I can describe it, similar to that gasping feeling you get when you fall asleep, like a jolt of adrenaline? Does anyone know what these are and why they happen?

Boydo
25-07-15, 09:22
yep some days i can get this all day every few minutes think it might be heart palp as that feels like a surge of panic aswell, anxiety a horrid thing !

Ditapage
25-07-15, 18:43
Yes I definitely get these bursts of panic. I thought they are just moments where an attack could happen but it doesn't. I call them my close calls, but they feel awful. I spent ages convinced and terrified I was having seizures

GingerFish
26-07-15, 10:12
Yes I get this a few times a day. The doctor told me it was still a panic attack. I thought panic attacks lasted 5/10 mins but nah, apparently they can last just a few seconds too. Those that only last a few secs can really pack a punch though!

ricardo
26-07-15, 10:28
I get what I believe is called a head rush which is a little difficult to describe. it's like a huge wave going from head to toe at an extreme force,and as you say lasts a second or two and can strike without any warning.

bekw89
28-07-15, 10:09
I think it is just a burst of panic and it will manifest in a way that relates to you, so for me it will instantly feel like all the air has been sucked out the room. They are getting less and less and mine dont really have any physical symptoms.

bekw89
28-07-15, 21:50
Ugh getting these tonight... just riding them like a wave.

GingerFish
31-07-15, 13:26
I got this last night as I was drifting off. I was drifting away and then out of nowhere it felt like lightning was going through my head and I couldn't breath and I woke up fully with a panic and had those "omg I need a doctor!" feelings I get with a bad panic attack and it only lasted a few seconds at most but it really packed a punch. Couldn't sleep for a while after it.