PDA

View Full Version : anxiety physical symptoms

kiiing
25-07-15, 13:13
i like many exp anxiety manifest itself into physical symptoms.
but what i have noticed my breathing is terrible.
i know it's "normal" for people with GAD, but it still scares the crap out me :weep:
like i am always constantly fixated on it just feel like, i am never satisfied on the amount of o2 i get and plenty of chest breathing up, until recently i finally learned well sorta to breathe again with my belly and it made a world of difference.
not only the breathing but also random shooting pains, numbness in my head, racing heart along with the racing or pouncing heart.
i for some reason always think its a good idea to stop breathing for a few secs to see if i can feel my heart rate if that makes sense?
constantly checking my BP

to be quite honest at times i feel like i am getting better as i dont notice much of anything at times but for reasons no one knows i think something is wrong
i guess i have been battling this for so long i dont quite know how normal is suppose to feel if that makes sense?

think my biggest question is possible to feel anxiety symptoms while not being anxious about anything ?

ker92ri
25-07-15, 14:54
I've asked myself the same question and I think you fill your sub conscious with these fears and as a result you still experience the physical symptoms when you're not anxious if that makes sense. By constantly obsessing and being fixated on something reinforces that fear and until we break that cycle the physical symptoms continue. Or, they might have always been there but we now deal with them irrationally which results in anxiety.

kiiing
25-07-15, 15:47
think i should get off of dr google lol i saw a thread about that couldnt stop laughing not because of the suffering people go through but for every little thing i would dr google myself at times within a few clicks i self diag myself with a brain tumor

makes sense because when i am active or have my mind busy i dont feel anything
guess it ramps up the more dr google and the more i obsess over it

the sad part is i was actually online not to long ago looking for a ekg machine for home use at that very moment...i felt so ashamed and thought enough was enough

Emmapony
25-07-15, 16:00
Hi,

I'm sorry you've been having such horrible physical symptoms. I often get a sudden onset of physical symptoms ever when I'm not anxious and this scares me the most. But often I do believe I am constantly anxious and tense even if i don't realise I am!
Definitely avoid google if you can! I realised I was completely addicted to the idea of googling my symptoms! The problem is that google gives you the worst case scenario. What I try to do if I go on webmd and look at my symptoms is If I see brain tumour or stroke or aneurism and start to panic, I look at other ridiculous things it suggests like West Nile fever or poison and then I realise that thinking I'm having a stroke is just as bonkers as those things I know I don't have, that does seem to help me if I have been silly enough to give into google!