PDA

View Full Version : Going back to work / Therapist discharged me, help

wendy
04-02-07, 19:25
Hi All

I am due to go back to work on Friday for intially 3 hours per day following my re-deployment, am I am very very scared.

My therapist has discharged me as he believes I now have the "tools" to deal with my anxiety. Infact It is as bad as ever, I am afriad I will die each and every day, some days I can not leave my bedroom, so how am I cured? I apprecaited that this is down to me, and I want to get back to earning but to discharge me? does this mean I have to live with these feelings now for the rest of my life? Not sure I can, Whatever he tells me I am convinced I will die

I think everyone Is talking about me at work and will laugh at me and I will go to pieces and have to run away, I used to me a manager of a team but they have taken that job away from me due to my manager and my relationship, They are going to think I am a failure,

I really dont know how I am goin to sit at a desk when I can barely leave my house, If I fail this my job is lost, any advice please, This is making me so scared, How Will I make it through this?

Wendy

clickaway
04-02-07, 19:36
Wendy,

You need to have an understanding with your HR/Personnel people regarding your new situation. You need them to be on your wavelength.
As well as your manager of course.

Make sure you are given some very straightforward work to begin with and maybe you can gradually acclimatise.

I was in your situation two and a half years ago. I found it hard even to be there two hours. There came a point where I found it too hard and fell apart, but I hope you succeed. I think there were special reasons why I did not have the will to go on (redundancies were in the air so I had a reduced incentive).

Try not to worry about your colleagues - I found mine to be pretty understanding.

Take Care

Ray

http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

honeybee3939
04-02-07, 19:45
Hi Wendy

I myself was in the same sittuation as you, my world was just closing in and i wouldnt leave the house. But to be honest the best decision i ever made was to return to work as i just had to get out of the house. And since i have returned to work i have improved.
I stayed in my home for 2 years and like you spent many a day shut in my bedroom.
I was so nervous about returning to work, but believe me Wendy it helped me so much getting away from these 4 walls.
Im sure nobody will be laughing at you hun, they will be pleased to see you getting well again.
I would give it try Wendy, its good to hear you will only be doing a few hours to start, i hope things improve for you hun as they did me.

Good luck

Love

Andrea
xxxx

"If you have a worry turn it into a problem, you cant solve worrys but you can solve problems"

pamella
04-02-07, 20:25
i panic many times every day and each one i think i am dying. i hav got worse over the past year as id blood clot on my lung2005. at times i think im going crazy, or i should say crazier. i know just how hard it is, sorry not much help but wanted to let u no others feel the same way.only do as much as u can and dont be afraid to ask for help.

pjrobb