PDA

View Full Version : Unfitness?

Toby2000
26-07-15, 21:40
Hi,

Well first of all I'd like to say I'm much better than I was before and I feel like I'm no longer a hypochondriac. I guess I just found other things to focus on.

There's just one thing on my mind:

Throughout today I've just been eating crap basically. I've had:

- Crisps
- Digestives
- White bread
- Sparkling water
- Bourbons
- Mint bourbons
- Chocolate bar
- Another chocolate bar
- Curry

I know it's really bad for me, but it's hard to stop as I'm just a child. I'm not really fat but I'm not skinny either. I don't do that much exercise either.

Anyway, getting to the point..

I've just come upstairs after eating curry and I'm quite mildly out of breath. It might be the fact that I don't tend to breath out of my nose and mouth at the same time, but I don't know. Also, I have an extremely mild sensation around my heart area. I'm scared that because I'm so unhealthy and unfit, I may have a heart attack or something.

I'm really not an exercising person, so what do I do to turn this all around?

Thanks.

Toby.

EDIT: I'd also like to add that when I suck in, my heart area has the same sensation but only a little more noticeable.

percythetrain
26-07-15, 22:17
Hi Hissymoose, heart palpitations and breathlessness could be due to anxiety. If you think you're out of shape you could try going for walks every day or exercising at home. I've just started doing that after a year or so of being extremely sedentary due to depression :)

Toby2000
26-07-15, 22:26
Hi,

It's not anxiety because I was literally not even thinking about my health when it happened.

Do you think I could have clogged heart arteries? :/

percythetrain
26-07-15, 23:48
Hi Toby! I don't think that's likely unless you have very high cholesterol and it's been that way for a while. Have you had a checkup recently? Maybe you're just having PVCs. It's common to feel out of breath if you've been sedentary for a while too but if it would make you feel more at ease try to have a checkup :)

Toby2000
26-07-15, 23:58
Hi,

Not sure what my cholesterol is but I bet it'd be high because I eat junk food a lot. No I haven't and what's PVCs :) Yeah I do sit down a lot which may be why I'm like that. Do you know what clogged arteries would feel like?

Fishmanpa
27-07-15, 00:20
You're drinking bourbon? Ok... I just better censor myself and back out slowly....

Positive thoughts

percythetrain
27-07-15, 00:30
PVCs are premature ventricular contractions, they're palpitations. Some people get them a lot but they're benign. I never asked your age lol but I think for someone under 25 atherosclerosis would be extremely unlikely.

stk149
27-07-15, 00:36
You're drinking bourbon? Ok... I just better censor myself and back out slowly....

Positive thoughts

I think he means the biscuits :blush::D

Fishmanpa
27-07-15, 00:37
I think for someone under 25 atherosclerosis would be extremely unlikely.

Like 11 years under 25!

Positive thoughts

stk149
27-07-15, 00:41
Do you smoke Toby? I have this problem where my anxiety makes me scared to exercise because I fear putting too much pressure on my heart. I was a competitive dancer for 12 years so a lot has changed in the 5 years I've been battling with anxiety. Yet I SMOKE. Completely illogical. So I get very out of breath even climbing the stairs. If anythings going to affect my health it'll be the smoking!

Sometimes you don't have to have the anxious thoughts to get the anxiety symptoms. It may be a subconscious thing and I wouldn't worry. It's extremely unlikely that you've had a heart attack! I have a few friends that rarely exercise and don't smoke, and they too get breathless climbing the stairs. It's probably just the lack of exercise. As percythetrain suggested, going for walks can definitely help improve your fitness and you'll notice a huge difference in no time. And exercise is also meant to be really good for raising your endorphins, and lowering your anxiety :)

Fishmanpa
27-07-15, 00:47
I think he means the biscuits :blush::D

Don't have them in the States but Bourbon is quite the popular libation.

Regardless, at 14, the chances of cardio vascular disease are nil.

Positive thoughts

Toby2000
27-07-15, 01:20
Do you smoke Toby? I have this problem where my anxiety makes me scared to exercise because I fear putting too much pressure on my heart. I was a competitive dancer for 12 years so a lot has changed in the 5 years I've been battling with anxiety. Yet I SMOKE. Completely illogical. So I get very out of breath even climbing the stairs. If anythings going to affect my health it'll be the smoking!

Sometimes you don't have to have the anxious thoughts to get the anxiety symptoms. It may be a subconscious thing and I wouldn't worry. It's extremely unlikely that you've had a heart attack! I have a few friends that rarely exercise and don't smoke, and they too get breathless climbing the stairs. It's probably just the lack of exercise. As percythetrain suggested, going for walks can definitely help improve your fitness and you'll notice a huge difference in no time. And exercise is also meant to be really good for raising your endorphins, and lowering your anxiety :)

No, I don't.. Yeah I'm gonna start a new exercise regime tomorrow :)

---------- Post added at 01:20 ---------- Previous post was at 01:17 ----------

Positive thoughts

https://sains-lwfl-media.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/Bourbon_800x356.jpg

percythetrain
27-07-15, 01:27
Haha wow I somehow missed that you were 14, then you shouldn't be worrying about clogged arteries :)

Those look like yummy cookies, never seen them before. Must be something from the UK :)

ricardo
27-07-15, 10:03
To be blunt, stop smoking if you are a smoker, stop eating junk food and gently build up muscles by initially walking on a regular basis, daily.
You appear to be very young and you say you are not overweight, so I would imagine a few tweaks to your lifestyle and you will see a rapid improvement in fitnesss.

swajj
27-07-15, 11:38
At the risk of being accused of not being sensitive you are kiddoing yourself if you think you don't have health anxiety anymore. A week or two ago you were worried about male breast cancer. And you regularly come back here asking about illnesses you are afraid you have. What happened with the assessment the school nurse was doing? How long have you been waiting to get a referral to a counsellor? It is months. Why is it taking so long? Do you tell your parents, nurse and doctor that you are over your HA like you tell us? Have you convinced them that you don't need help? Is that the real reason that no progress is being made in terms of you getting help? I hope not Toby because you clearly need help.