PDA

View Full Version : new to site not anxiety

nita51
26-07-15, 21:42
hi everyone
i am 51, female, and have suffered too many years with GAD/phobias. Finally, in 2011 I decided to go on medications, so sick and tired of living with irrational fears. So, for the last 3.5 years on 20 mg. citalopram I have had the best years of my life...so calm.... I flew, drove tunnels, vacationed, ...hardly any panic..... etc...last year things started returning...slowly....but the last couple of months it has reverted. The fears/anxiety are continuous. So my GP....who is from England, told me about this site, and she upped my citalopram to 40 mg. She also referred me to a therapist, but here that could be a long time. I have had a few large life changes in the past year or so. I have had so many panic attacks while driving that I don't drive anymore. I got laid off in April. My partner works away. I am having difficulty with my gait. When I tense up I get hyper vigilant , and walk to the left, obsessing about every misstep. My Dr. ordered me to go out and walk every day. Unfortunately i will get a big F on that one..in a week I walked twice...it's so hard walking to the left. Anyhow, if anyone has any suggestions, feel free.

venusbluejeans
26-07-15, 21:47
Hiya nita51 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

nita51
27-07-15, 17:23
thank you..... i will

lsinshirley
03-08-15, 19:08
Hi Nita

Do you have any groups local to you that do health walks around a local park? Only an idea. My local council does them maybe yours do to.

How about setting very small goals for each day. Eg to end of road, to end of second road.

I am no expert, just my thoughts.

Good luck.

sial72
03-08-15, 20:21
Hi Nita
Have you ever read Claire Weekes? Xx